HP Ipaq 510 Voice Messenger issues

Guest Wosonj

Guest Wosonj

I've just bought HP Ipaq 514 (510 series) and I wonder if somebody found a solution to following issues:

- I cannot set the VoIP client to connect to my SIP VoIP provider. There is no documentation or error messages around this, it just says "No service" for whatever I try. Is there some diagnostics?

- Somebody managed to install Skype on this device?

- Somebody managed to install other T9 dlls?

- Is there a soft which can reassign HW buttons to some useful apps?

- Is there a way to let the WiFi auto-connect every once a while? (There is a pretty convenient timeout to switch off WiFi when there is no netowrk for some time, but I want the phone to periodically switch it on for a while to check if Iam within the range again)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mjt2810
I've just bought HP Ipaq 514 (510 series) and I wonder if somebody found a solution to following issues:

- I cannot set the VoIP client to connect to my SIP VoIP provider. There is no documentation or error messages around this, it just says "No service" for whatever I try. Is there some diagnostics?

- Is there a way to let the WiFi auto-connect every once a while? (There is a pretty convenient timeout to switch off WiFi when there is no netowrk for some time, but I want the phone to periodically switch it on for a while to check if Iam within the range again)

In addition to this, I would like to know if there is a way to remove the rubbish Cyberon Voice Commander software in preference to MS Voice Command 1.6.

Thks ... M.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sahli

have you used the HP Setup Assistant? There you configure the VOIP Settings. I works on mine with voipbuster. But it only works when Wifi connection is active.

not working on mine

Nope

nope

it does that when wifi is enabled. everytime you press any key the wifi searches again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marcinT

Sahli,

I also configured VoIP, but it sucks. Ipaq registers to sip provider very quickly, but connection is poor and after max 1 minute it get disconnected. I tried different providers and the result is similar. :) I use wifi with wpa-psk, maybe CPU is not able to handle secured wifi connection? I am also behind the NAT, and I needed to setup sip proxy to be able to make a calls. Before that every time I tried to dial number I got message that service is not available.

Please, tell me what is your wifi setup and router settings? Did you faced any issues I mentioned?

Thanks,

Marcin

Edited by marcinT

• 9 months later...
Guest mmonge
I've just bought HP Ipaq 514 (510 series) and I wonder if somebody found a solution to following issues:

- I cannot set the VoIP client to connect to my SIP VoIP provider. There is no documentation or error messages around this, it just says "No service" for whatever I try. Is there some diagnostics?

- Somebody managed to install Skype on this device?

I use fring and works pretty well.