HTC S710 TOMTOM 6 COM SELECT PROBLEM

Guest razmo78

Guest razmo78

I have the HTC VOX S710 with Tomtom 6 installed. I have Tomtom installed and working with maps.

I have also paired my phone with the third party bluetooth GPS successfully with COM6.

I launch Tomtom 6 and everything is good until I have to select GPS. I choose "other bluetooth GPS" and then it prompts me to select "gps is connected to:" and gives me a list of COM ports with COM6 listed.

The problem here is I cant scroll down to select COM6 as it is the last one on the list. Has anyone got theirs going? if so please let me know i am going crazy

Guest Joost39
I have the HTC VOX S710 with Tomtom 6 installed. I have Tomtom installed and working with maps.

I have also paired my phone with the third party bluetooth GPS successfully with COM6.

I launch Tomtom 6 and everything is good until I have to select GPS. I choose "other bluetooth GPS" and then it prompts me to select "gps is connected to:" and gives me a list of COM ports with COM6 listed.

The problem here is I cant scroll down to select COM6 as it is the last one on the list. Has anyone got theirs going? if so please let me know i am going crazy

Two solutions:

1. Read the post and use FakeCursor - attached zip-file. (put the unzipped Fakecursor in the folder Navigator and exe-cute it first and then Tomtom and you are able to change settings and COM-port)

2. Easy one, Edit the file in the folder/Navigator (take the file Navigator.cfg - open it in a editor (Wordpad) and change the default COM9 to COM6) and put the file back in the folder.

FakeCursor.zip

Edited by Joost39

Guest razmo78
Two solutions:

1. Read the post and use FakeCursor - attached zip-file. (put the unzipped Fakecursor in the folder Navigator and exe-cute it first and then Tomtom and you are able to change settings and COM-port)

2. Easy one, Edit the file in the folder/Navigator (take the file Navigator.cfg - open it in a editor (Wordpad) and change the default COM9 to COM6) and put the file back in the folder.

it worked thanks Joost!!!

Guest barfoo

Can anyone tell me, how they install TOMTOM navigator 6 on the HTC Vox? Which version do u guys use? Everytime i try to install TOMTOM navigator 6, it shows a message, that the software is not for this device...

plzzz help me...

Post at guide on "how to install TOMTOM on the HTC Vox"

Guest Joost39
Can anyone tell me, how they install TOMTOM navigator 6 on the HTC Vox? Which version do u guys use? Everytime i try to install TOMTOM navigator 6, it shows a message, that the software is not for this device...

plzzz help me...

Post at guide on "how to install TOMTOM on the HTC Vox"

You have to unlock it first

RemoveSecurity.CAB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wheels

HI

What type of tomtom 6 did you install on HTC S710, because I can not get my to work.

Please help me. :)

Best regards

Wheels

• 6 months later...
Guest subaruimpreza
Two solutions:

Any idea which COM is the right one for HTC s730? I can choose COM4 or COM7. Tried to set both but still without valid GPS signal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest egymark
Two solutions:

Thanks a lot KING, this is a very good solution, But I stell have a problem, When I open the GPS setting, I can see the following Com Ports:

Com 9

Com 1 with cable

Com 0

Com 2

Com 6

Com 6

Com 6

When I use the "Fakecursor", I can select any port of them, But My GPS still can't work / connect to my TomTom 6 ?? !!

My Device is HTC _ S710, and my mobile bluetooth can see the GPS receiver, but still can't connect with the tt6?

Can you help me?

Pleasssssssssseeeeeeee

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------

It's working perfect now...... thanks a lot for all forume

Edited by egymark

• 5 months later...

To ALL,

I found the SOLUTION :D after fighting to get TT6 working on HTC S730 smartphone (port unable to select even using virtual pointer e.g. !!!!!!

Download "MY MOBILER" for pocket PC (it works for UK and Dutch and prob. for more languages) and is compatible for WM5 and WM6. Using this tool you can select finally all features in TT6 on your PC desktop, such as Com4 Com7 issues. I made my TT6 working using (and able now to select) com6 and with bluetooth GPS receiver prepared for com 6 (using comm manager in the HTC S730, bleutooth tab). GOOD LUCK!!!

Wouter KL688 :D

Thanks a lot KING, this is a very good solution, But I stell have a problem, When I open the GPS setting, I can see the following Com Ports:

Com 9

Com 1 with cable

Com 0

Com 2

Com 6

Com 6

Com 6

When I use the "Fakecursor", I can select any port of them, But My GPS still can't work / connect to my TomTom 6 ?? !!

My Device is HTC _ S710, and my mobile bluetooth can see the GPS receiver, but still can't connect with the tt6?

Can you help me?

Pleasssssssssseeeeeeee

Thanks in advance.

To ALL,

I found the SOLUTION after fighting to get TT6 working on HTC S730 smartphone (port unable to select even using virtual pointer e.g. !!!!!!

Download "MY MOBILER" for pocket PC (it works for UK and Dutch and prob. for more languages) and is compatible for WM5 and WM6. Using this tool you can select finally all features in TT6 on your PC desktop, such as Com4 Com7 issues. I made my TT6 working using (and able now to select) com6 and with bluetooth GPS receiver prepared for com 6 (using comm manager in the HTC S730, bleutooth tab). GOOD LUCK!!!

Wouter KL688