VoiceAssist success??

Guest Adam4U

Guest chucky.egg

Not something I've needed yet, but I was fairly sure that the hardware can't support voice dialling/commands.

Somebody else said otherwise, but I never confirmed one way or the other for myself

• 1 month later...
Guest orcinus
you need to pay for the service if you are with att, cingular, bellsouth and etc it is like 2.99 a month

Awha?

He's talking about the app...

Guest xllralphieellx

you can download microsoft voice command, i have it and it works just fine. and you can even open files, play media, listen to battery status and more.

• 3 weeks later...
you can download microsoft voice command, i have it and it works just fine. and you can even open files, play media, listen to battery status and more.

From http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/voi...nd/default.mspx

Product Specific Support

CMS_spacer.gifCMS_spacer.gif

Samsung BlackJack from Cingular

CMS_spacer.gifCMS_spacer.gifVoice Command 1.6 bluetooth functionality does not work properly on the Samsung Blackjack. It is not possible to initiate a voice command interaction using the headset, and it is not possible to receive audio announcements through the headset on this device.

• 1 month later...
Guest karatedog
Doeas anyone have any success with VoiceAssist over BT??

I had, partly. My old Nokia HS36W works just fine, pressing the only button on the BT headset starts VoiceAssist, transfers voice to the BT headset, and changes the Profile to Headset. When I have a conversation on the phone, and I turn the BT headset on during the call, that won't interrupt it, I have to press the button once to transfer voice to the headset (during the call), and long press works too (redial).

The problem is that I'm hungarian, so my contact names spells a little weird in english... Oh, yep, VoiceAssist doesn't need training (and - baahhh - it is developed by a hungarian team ;) )

If somebody has an idea what to replace VoiceaAssist to, then please tell me.

Edited by karatedog

Guest X-Ray A4T
Doeas anyone have any success with VoiceAssist over BT??

Since upgrading to WM6 I can access VA via my siemens BT carkit (as well as accessing call history). It is just that VA is rather rubbish.