You can import a T-Mo Wing for under 300 quid...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

My T-Mobile Wing arrived yesterday!

eBay purchase, for well under 300 quid including buying it (unlocked), shipping it to the UK and paying customs charges... excellent IMHO when you consider Expansys sell the similar (yet uglier and sans WM6) P4350 for over 340 quid shipped!

/me is happy :rolleyes:

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger

eBay purchase, for well under 300 quid including buying it (unlocked), shipping it to the UK and paying customs charges... excellent IMHO when you consider Expansys sell the similar (yet uglier and sans WM6) P4350 for over 340 quid shipped!

/me is happy :rolleyes:

P

Don't mean to pi** on your chips but there are cheaper suppliers than expansys, and even expansys have 1 in 'b stock ' currently at £282 inc.

I'd want a bigger savng for no valid UK warranty TBH. What did they class the phone as for duty reasons i.e at what level?

M.S

Guest genaldar
Don't mean to pi** on your chips but there are cheaper suppliers than expansys, and even expansys have 1 in 'b stock ' currently at £282 inc.

I'd want a bigger savng for no valid UK warranty TBH. What did they class the phone as for duty reasons i.e at what level?

M.S

I'm sure if his broke one of us stateside would send it in for warranty repair for him.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Sure, but that's B stock, plus more importantly I don't particularly like the over-simple styling of the P4350. The soft touch finish of the Wing is much better.

And it comes with the headphone/power splitter in the box as standard.

P

Sure, but that's B stock, plus more importantly I don't particularly like the over-simple styling of the P4350. The soft touch finish of the Wing is much better.

And it comes with the headphone/power splitter in the box as standard.

P

Well, in this case, 'b stock' means 'badly danaged packaging', and it's you who made the original cost comparison to eXpansys, not me :rolleyes:

Besides, I think shipping to and from the US for warranty service would be prohibitive, as you'd need an export certificate to avoid incoming duty again etc etc, not even considering you've got a subsidised, locked, carrier supplied device without being a t-mobile US customer so they wouldn't accept a warranty return anyway unless you could trace the original subscriber and validate the IMEI.

So if you prefer the US Wing, great, pay mopre and get one form the US with no warranty, but if you want a cheaper device and a UK warranty, get the b-stock one from expansys or shop around...

M.S

Guest Paul (MVP)
and it's you who made the original cost comparison to eXpansys, not me

Eh?

So if you prefer the US Wing, great, pay mopre and get one form the US with no warranty, but if you want a cheaper device and a UK warranty, get the b-stock one from expansys or shop around...

I do, but the 'paying more' argument isn't valid... just have a look at how cheap the Wings go on eBay.

Yes, it's something of a warranty lottery, but I personally am willing to take that chance. You pays your money etc. etc. :rolleyes:

P

Eh?

Your main point in your original post was saying how it was cheaper to import than buying from eXpansys:

consider Expansys sell the similar (yet uglier and sans WM6) P4350 for over 340 quid shipped!

A cost comparison methinks, originally made by yourself. Then I pointed out you could get it cheaper than that....to which you justify it (quite rightly) by pointing out it's a better feeling device, better accys etc, factors not originally listed in your first post that was purely an asthetic / price comparison.

M.S

Guest dm.wood

/me is happy :P

P

Ok Paul ..now I am confused. After reading your posts I set about seeing where I could get the HTC Wings from at a reasonable price.

However I found 3 distinctly different looking phones and possibly 3 names for the device !

HTC Wings, HTC P4350 (Herald?), and HTC S730

Perhaps you can clear this one up.

This link shows the P4350 http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article706.html

This link shows the HTC s730 (HTC Wings) http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=728

This link shows the HTC s730 (HTC Wings) but in white http://www.pdasnews.com/articles/2600/1/

Are they really the same phone just different variants?

It seems that main difference is the front face. One has a PDA type look with basic function buttons on the front and the other has a numerical keypad making it look more like a Smartphone.

It may be that the specs of these phones differ however there does seem to be a lot of confusion as to what these models actually looks like.

Help ! :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

P4350 = HTC WM5 (for now) version of the Wing. Plainer looking too, no soft touch finish. I much prefer the wing.

HTC S730 = Totally difference device, Smartphone based.

Your best bet is to search ebay.COM for a Wing, then ask the seller if they'll ship to the UK. Factor in duty and cost of unlocking!

P

Guest dm.wood
P4350 = HTC WM5 (for now) version of the Wing. Plainer looking too, no soft touch finish. I much prefer the wing.

HTC S730 = Totally difference device, Smartphone based.

Your best bet is to search ebay.COM for a Wing, then ask the seller if they'll ship to the UK. Factor in duty and cost of unlocking!

P

Thanks Paul.

You will notice on those links that I posted that they call the HTC S730 the HTC Wings. I know it is in brackets after HTC S730 but why do they do this? I thought it might just be the cosmetic finish of the phone but its clear it is a different device from what you say ..hmmm :P

Still slightly confused .. :)