Volume Control on M700?

Guest hp1

I've had a good look at this on the web, reading reviews etc. I know it sounds like a silly question but is there still harware buttons on the M700 to control the in call volume, turn off ringer etc. I use this all the time on the M600.

I'm hoping the jog wheel has this functionality built into it cos the thought of having to go into soft menus in the middle of a call sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure this will be an easy one to answer.

Ta.

Guest scorpy
I've had a good look at this on the web, reading reviews etc. I know it sounds like a silly question but is there still harware buttons on the M700 to control the in call volume, turn off ringer etc. I use this all the time on the M600.

I'm hoping the jog wheel has this functionality built into it cos the thought of having to go into soft menus in the middle of a call sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure this will be an easy one to answer.

Ta.

Yes the jog wheel does control the volume!

Ok got my M700. Very dissappointed to see that you cannot set the wheel to control the volume/vibrate/off funtion without tapping on the volume icon in the task bar first. This is so frustrating, it was something i used ALL the time on the M600. Anybody know how set th jog wheel to access the volume without tapping on the volume icon first?

Cheers

Guest mbarne36
Ok got my M700. Very dissappointed to see that you cannot set the wheel to control the volume/vibrate/off funtion without tapping on the volume icon in the task bar first. This is so frustrating, it was something i used ALL the time on the M600. Anybody know how set th jog wheel to access the volume without tapping on the volume icon first?

Cheers

Hi hp1.

AFAIK the Jog wheel and the Jog pad are tied to the same functionality. i.e when you're on your Today Screen, both the wheel and the pad will scroll you up/down the screen (i.e through your today screen calendar, tasks, messages etc). When you select the Volume icon, again, both wheel and pad will change the volume.

So, sorry, but everything points to "no, you can't". :)

(it would be nice though, I agree. My P910 had this feature too).