2 Issues with Blackjack

Guest Arosss

Guest Arosss

First,

The GBA Emulator.. It loads up perfectly, but when I try to open ROM, it look like it's about to load, and then goes back to the GBA Emulator screen without anything loaded up. I already tried to change the landscape thing and such.

Yes, I do have the tgetfile.dll thing installed. I even dragged it into the folder with the GBA emulator.

Second,

The SNES Emulator. It loads up and works perfectly, but when playing a game, the screen is cut off/ warped on the left side.

picture54ho0.jpg

picture55ig0.jpg

I don't know why it does this, does anybody have a fix?

And BTW,

my Nes Emulator works perfectly, and so does my GB emulator. But my GBA and SNES have problems. Does anybody have fixes?

Guest Arosss

It would help to actually help me out rather than just saying "These have been answered already."

No offense or anything, I've looked and i'm just about as confused as everybody is. I'm new to the whole smartphone deal.

Could anybody help me out?

Edited by Arosss

Guest whiteflippinjew
It would help to actually help me out rather than just saying "These have been answered already."

No offense or anything, I've looked and i'm just about as confused as everybody is. I'm new to the whole smartphone deal.

Could anybody help me out?

1. Good job, Chrono Trigger is awesome.

2. The wrapping is a problem on the blackjacks and only an update will fix it. Masterall, the one doing all these emulators, is busy with other projects so it might be a while untill he gets to fixing it.

3. Just read through the entire GBA emulator thread. As annoying as it is, its the only way youll figure out what and how the problem occurs.

Guest Arosss

Thanks alot man. I did some browsing last night.. and.. I did get a working.. chrono trigger but the screen is really small, because I used another pocketsnes that i found. I forget who it was made by, but it was like PockeSNES QVGA 1.47 or something. But I couldnt get any sound out, and the words were too small to read.

I'll take a 2nd look at the GBA thread.

Guest kevinsephiroth

To all Motorola Q/Tmobile Dash owners: If you have dumb screen orientations problems with app/emus, it's not the authors' fault, it's YOUR phone. These were meant to be used with NORMAL smartphones, ie: portrait oriented, yours are left sided oriented.

6405-3432-167-175-250x275.jpgHTC_Vox.jpg

See the difference.

Guest whiteflippinjew
To all Motorola Q/Tmobile Dash owners: If you have dumb screen orientations problems with app/emus, it's not the authors' fault, it's YOUR phone. These were meant to be used with NORMAL smartphones, ie: portrait oriented, yours are left sided oriented.

6405-3432-167-175-250x275.jpgHTC_Vox.jpg

See the difference.

Um, this is an obvious issue but the problem here isn't the screen orientation. Its about why a program won't operate properly. The GBA emulator isn't working properly because its in an alpha stage meaning its bound to not work for many people. Second, the problem with the pocketsnes isn't due to a screen issue. It's a problem with the emulator on the BlackJack, and maybe the Q, not really sure.

And kevin, the last thing I want to be hearing is "dumb screen orientations" as a problem to a program. The emu is obviously going to fit on the orientation when the author put a "portrait, reverse portrait, right landscape, and left landscape" feature in a game. It's obviously meant to adjust to every screen orientation (exception being the treo with a square screen).

Guest Arosss
Um, this is an obvious issue but the problem here isn't the screen orientation. Its about why a program won't operate properly. The GBA emulator isn't working properly because its in an alpha stage meaning its bound to not work for many people. Second, the problem with the pocketsnes isn't due to a screen issue. It's a problem with the emulator on the BlackJack, and maybe the Q, not really sure.

And kevin, the last thing I want to be hearing is "dumb screen orientations" as a problem to a program. The emu is obviously going to fit on the orientation when the author put a "portrait, reverse portrait, right landscape, and left landscape" feature in a game. It's obviously meant to adjust to every screen orientation (exception being the treo with a square screen).

that's what i was thinking, didn't know how to put it into words lol.

So.. both emu's arent really supported for a landscape ATM. I guess we'll have to wait it out.. What about Final Burn then?

Guest TheHelios

It is made for both landscape and portrait. The problem is the program just doesn't display properly on the blackjacks.

And yeah, Finalburn runs perfectly. Also Picodrive (sega genesis emulator). Make sure you overclock to 252mhz and turn off sound and any games should run full speed.

Guest kevinsephiroth

Ok didn't get the author's point about that. ;)

But don't call me kevin, we're not friends nor even close ok? :P

My bad for this, I just remember these emus doesn't support landscape mode. :)

But since we get a least one topic per day about Tmobile Dash, BlackJack and other Motorola Q... :D

My apologies anyway. :D

Cheers, KevinSephiroth

EDIT: Why when quoting "TheHelios" it's written "whiteflippinjew" ????????

EDIT2: Let's see if I can EDIT the quote.

EDIT3: Well it works, though I still wonder why this worked this way .

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest alx5962

At first emulators are made for landscape mode (on Windows, linux,...) and then the screen orientation is changed when ported to smartphone/PPC. So I guess the changes in the source code wouldn't be too hard to fix to work in landscape mode again. But the main problem is the source code is not available for the latest ppc/smartphone version most of the time.

it would be so nice people who port the emulators would publish their source code in a website like SourceForge.