phone does not register the orange network after sim unlock!

Guest noct

i used xda-developer's sim unlock tool to unlock my Orange m3100 by myself when i was in france last week so that i can use a french sim card. after the unlock is done BOTH a local french sim card and the Orange UK sim (in roaming) works fine.

today when i get back to london with my Orange UK sim in the herme, it got serious problem!

when i turn on the phone, it searches for the network. First it registers on the G network, then after 2 seconds the little icon changes to 3G (register on the 3G network i suppose), after another 2 seconds it shows 'No Service' (an icon with a cross and an antenna).

So in a word, phone turned on: auto register as follow: G->3G-> No services.

It remains No Service no matter what. My orange account is not suspended or anything since when i put my orange sim into another phone it works fine making and receiving calls.

This has never happen before and the only change i could think of is the radio upgrade for the sim unlock.

Now that it remains 'No Service' I can't call with my hermes.

if it indeed is the radio problem, is there an official orange radio that i can flash back to my device?

(did orange release an official radio update to make the m3100s capable for HSDPA when it launches the service?)

Please help!!!!

My device info: (i update nth except the radio rom, so i suppose the change from factory setting is only the Radio version from 1.06 to 1.16)

Operator Version: 14.123.1.614

ROM Version: 1.23.61.4

ROM Date: 07/13/06

Radio Version: 1.16.00.00

Protocol version: 32.53.7018.01H

Edited by noct

Guest xeno1

The first thing you should probably try is pulling the battery for 30 seconds to a minute and then reboot and see if that solves your problem. If you didn't change your radio version between the time you were in france and the time you came home then there shouldn't be a reason for it not to work now with the same radio version you had when you left.

i indeed did change the radio while in france.

as i mentioned, i:

1. left the UK with factory intact settings (phone sim locked by orange)

2. while in france i upgrade the radio to unlock the phone (using that from xda's)

-> after the unlock the phone works faultlessly in France with:

a. a local french sim card

b. with the orange UK sim inside but technically registered on a french network (i.e. Roaming)

3. when back home today (with a diff radio)

it doesn't register on Orange! i restarted my phone taking my battery out as suggested,

it yet still goes G --2seconds--> 3G --2seconds--> No service (and remain unregistered on any network until i restart the phone, which the same then goes around)

i thought that method from xda developer's been out for quite some times,

and many of us successfully unlocked the phone using it,

so i risk my life to unlock / upgrade the radio (okay, my phone's life..) :)

have anyone used that from xda's to unlock your phone and perhaps could shed some lights on what's going on here?

Edited by noct

Guest xeno1

I unlocked mine using things I found on XDA-Dev's site, but it didn't include doing anything to the radio rom so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you did actually change your radio though then you can go back to XDA-Devs site and find other radio roms to try out. Here is the link to their radio rom site that includes the 1.06 version that you said you had on it before - http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ractedRadioRoms. just download it and install it using the directions on that page and you should be back up and running after that.

Guest Neil5459

Most unlockers on the forums do change the Radio ROM though its not always apparent (unless you use a P3600, in which case the GPS gets disabled!) - some downgrade, and some upgrade, depending on what was originally on the device.

It may be that your registry has decided that the FR network is your home network, as that was the 1st one it saw after the flash!

Have you tried going into Phone/Menu/Options/Network and changing the Network Selection from Automatic to Manual, then using Select to manually select Orange?

xeno,

i used this one from xda's, did you use this one too?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=293665

Is there anything i need to be cautious of if i use those radios from

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ractedRadioRoms

for a Downgrade back to 1.06?

is it my best bet to flash it to 1.38.00.01 (Orange UK radio - latest) from that xda page?

cuz it's by orange officially, so warranty remains intact while i also get HSDPA enabled, is that correct?

again, is there anything i need to be cautious while updating a radio from the above xda site?

is the step easy to follow? if there's some detailed instructions posted somewhere it would be very appreciated.

i can't afford to 'brick' my phone! Is it like i wouldn't risk getting a doorstep if i have HardSPL installed?

lastly, as i understand, if i upgrade the radio from this website,

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ractedRadioRoms

just the radio but not the rom is upgrade, and so all my data on the phone remains there after the upgrade right?

thxxx

neil,

i tried choosing orange manually yet it's the same thing. G>3G>No service.

Guest RazUddin

Hi guys. Sorry to thread rape but ive got a similar fault.

Since i unlocked my spv m31000 on orange i cant seem to use any sim. the orange sim says no service and the t mobile sim has full network but when i go to make a call it hangs up straightaway. Any advice. Thanks