Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jim.mason

Hi Paul,

Have you thought anymore about having a get together in Norwich so we can get a 'hand on' look at what has to be the most anticipated phone yet!!

Cheers

Jim

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's some good news for those who use TomTom standalone units or anyone else who laments the passing of the BT DUN profile in WM6... with only a very small registry tweak (that I will make available), I have got BT DUN working on the P4550. Picture below is my N800 connecting to the web via BT DUN (note lil 'phone icon' in top bar of N800 and illuminated BT icon).

Awesome :)

Weirdly the P4550 shows no connection state while the N800 is using it that way, odd!

P

02-Aug-2007_n800btdun.jpg

Guest alfakilocharlie

Hi Paul.

Would it be possible to take a few pics using the Kaiser in a shopping complex?

I would like to see if it is able to freeze subjects (people) as other phone cameras do.

Thanks... and also for the pics of the Kaiser running TT... :P

It also looks like the Kaiser has problems autofocusing in dark scenes (based on the pics on the previous page). Still, I want the Kaiser. :)

Edited by alfakilocharlie

Guest Syphon Filter
Here's some good news for those who use TomTom standalone units or anyone else who laments the passing of the BT DUN profile in WM6... with only a very small registry tweak (that I will make available), I have got BT DUN working on the P4550. Picture below is my N800 connecting to the web via BT DUN (note lil 'phone icon' in top bar of N800 and illuminated BT icon).

Awesome :)

Weirdly the P4550 shows no connection state while the N800 is using it that way, odd!

P

How stable/fast does the HSDPA/3G connection feel? Are you using this device on T-Mobile?

Have you tried setting up BT DUN with a laptop?

Guest Paul (MVP)

When i've used it (I don't have 3G at home, but spend a fair amount of time at the in-laws where there is HSDPA coverage) it has been rock solid.

I haven't done DUN with a laptop, as I am on Vista / Mac and just use PAN. If it works on the N800, it'll work on a laptop.

P

How stable/fast does the HSDPA/3G connection feel? Are you using this device on T-Mobile?

Have you tried setting up BT DUN with a laptop?

Guest moparman

Is it possible to move files from a computer to Kaiser using wlan?

I would love that :)

I would like to thank you all for this fantastic thread.

Keep up the good work Paul :-)

Hey Paul, can you just explain, never heard about BT DUN?what is that?I also read on other forum, that they also active it on the HTC Touch....

Thks for your explaination...

BR

Guest Paul (MVP)

BT DUN = Bluetooth Dial Up Network. It's a technology to let other devices connect to the web using your phone.

In WinMo 5 AKU3 it was replaced by PAN (Personal Area Networking), but unfortunately many devices such as TomTom standalone units only support DUN at this time.

On my P4550, I have both DUN and PAN working fine.

P

Hey Paul, I found an answers for the BT DUN (Bluetooth dial-up network, for those who....;-)) after making some extensive research...

still a question...

Why do you need that, if you have the kaiser, and you can install tomtom on it?you dont need any other TT GO,Rider or else...I 'm perhaps missing something...for the touch and othe Phone without GPS, I could understand, but for the kaiser, I dont...

Please give me some light :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Not really, I tried to get a definitive answer but failed :)

I installed some SiRF tools, but couldn't get anything useful (it did connect tho). I'm still not sure either way!

P

Paul,

Did you get a chance to get the definitive answer on the GPS chipset?

Gordon

Guest GordonTGopher

Paul,

Over at xda a reputable user (noelzie) mentions a kaiser with the Elf touch screen. Have you heard any whispers about an "upgrade" to the hardware spec?

Gordon

Guest tsutton
Midweek evenings would suite me

Same here. But not sure when is a good date... going to be busy most of the summer at work till Sept or so.

However post a date and we'll see if it's suitable for us. :)

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

Over at xda a reputable user (noelzie) mentions a kaiser with the Elf touch screen. Have you heard any whispers about an "upgrade" to the hardware spec?

Gordon

No, he is probably just referring to the homescreen UI.

P

Guest jim.mason
No, he is probably just referring to the homescreen UI.

P

Paul,

If I decide to get one from T-Mob for example i know it will come with the hideous T homescreen but would there be the option to select the HTC one or do you think that this will be removed by the networks?

Cheers

Jim

Guest Paul (MVP)

I imagine HTC will keep that nice UI for their own devices, and it won't be offered by the networks.

Of course, there will be 'other places' you can get the plugin etc. from (illegally)...

P

Guest m.zielinski

BTW - How is it going with your special deal with expansys?

The just contacted me because of my Preorder and so i would like to know if i have to change the order...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.