Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shaun1208

That is very true, you are a very methodical man Paul. I don't think I have a choice anyway, in the back of my mind I have always wanted to get a pda and seeing the kaiser made my mind up. I'll just have to skimp back on spending money on other random stuff and I might just have to stop eating for a couple of weeks :)

Guest clarkster

Hi Paul,

Any chances of getting some screen shots of the HTC changes (ie. comm manager) - I know you covered the home screen and audio player already, so any other ones apart from the comm manager would be sweet.

Thanks

Guest gregersdk
Voila...

P

[picture of commmanager]

Pretty sweet... but..

1) Flight mode, dosen't it just disable functions like the 3G and GSM radio?

2) By disabling Direct Push, that means it won't download/upload mail automatically? Cause, that's pretty expensive for me...

Thanks...

Edited by gregersdk

Guest ghaith_d

Quick Question about Direct Push.

Is it a free utility, or do i have to pay my service provider a certain amount/month or something?

thanks!

EDIT: i actually found 'the world's first free push email service' it's called emoze, here is the link if you guys want to check it out.

http://www.emoze.com/en/download/Default.aspx

Edited by ghaith_d

Paul, could you do anykind of benchmarkin (best with spb benchmark or with tcpmp) of the device. Comparing to other (HTC) devices? There are some benchmarks over the net but they are made in the early states of the kaiser.

Guest Syphon Filter
4GB microSD = £32.95 from BMC digital (includes free USB 2.0 reader!)

UK Delivery = £3.95

Subtotal = £36.90

10% discount on item with code 'BMC 4201' (courtesy of RetailMeNot) = -£3.29

Total = £33.61, and they take PayPal too! Huzzah! ;)

P

PS Hope they actually ship it! :)

Bangin'

Just ordered one myself, that coupon code still works a treat :P

Cheers geezah!

Guest Webreaper
The deal with Expansys will be a free copy of 'MoDaCo CamerAware P4550 Edition' (or whatever the device ends up being called!) and a free year subscription to 'MoDaCo Ad Free' (so you can come and talk about your new toy!)... i'm trying to line up other stuff too :)

You mentioned you might be doing a contract deal with Expansys too (e.g., £35/month + free Kaiser or something).... I know you haven't publicised the deal yet and are still fleshing it out, but any hints on what network you might be doing it with?

Guest Michel Offringa

Hello,

The text I posted was wrong, it were SDHC cards, not micro SDHC.

I can buy microSDHC card (Sandisk) for 49 euros incl. reader.

Are there already highspeed mirco SDHC cards ?

Edited by Michel Offringa

Guest ghaith_d
Direct Push is Microsoft Exchange's push mail. You need your mailed hosted on Microsoft Exchange.

P

Um....how can i get that? and how does it work lol

Guest ghaith_d
Hello,

The text I posted was wrong, it were SDHC cards, not micro SDHC.

I can buy microSDHC card (Sandisk) for 49 euros incl. reader.

Are there already highspeed mirco SDHC cards ?

microSDHC cards were VERY recently produced, so you will NOT be able to find a highspeed microSDHC card for abit. Mind you, SDHC cards are apparently much faster than regular ol' cards anyway

Guest Webreaper
No deets at this stage. We will definitely have the MDA Vario III via the MoDaCo Shop tho, again on a special deal.

Ideal. Can you arrange some pre-order deal with T-Mobile? Would like to pre-order - don't mind when it's coming, but don't really want to wait until Sept 8th and then find out everywhere's out of stock for the next 6 weeks. :)

I don't really mind the provider. Would ideally prefer O2, but they still don't have an unlimited Data tariff (20MB for £10? What a p***-take :P), Orange would be okay except I don't get reception at my house (not an issue really, as I'm moving soon ;). Don't like Voda out of principle, but it doesn't sound like they're touting the device yet anyway.

So I guess it'll have to be T-Mobile. :D

Guest Syphon Filter
No deets at this stage. We will definitely have the MDA Vario III via the MoDaCo Shop tho, again on a special deal.

P

Paul,

Will you be providing those on new contract only or upgrades as well?

Thanks,

Syphon

Guest Le Chiffres
Good news... the 4GB microSDHC works a treat! :P

Bargain at 33 quid odd including reader and delivery methinks...

P

08-Aug-2007_4gbkaiser.png

08-Aug-2007_microsdhc.jpg

08-Aug-2007_microsdhcreader.jpg

Yupeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Guest Phil_UK

Hi Paul

Apologies if this has already been asked but a search in this topic gives an error. Is the Kaiser screen trans-reflective, i.e. can be viewed in sunlight?

Regards

Phil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.