Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Handsfree speakerphone is nice and loud and works great.

P

Hi Paul,

How is the handsfree function on the Kaiser ? Can you make a handsfree call with the phone on the desk (for instance on the charging cradle) so that you hear the person yuo talk to loud and clarly and he/she heres you too very well ? Or even in the car in a holder ?

This because I will use the handsfree function pretty much I think.

Thank you.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Er, not exactly, it's called having a 3 year old who decided to wake up at 5:59 today!

P

Hi Paul,

You're up early - expecting some news today??

Guest jim.mason
but we can get it here from modaco...right?

that homescreen was awesome, i sure hope wel be able to get it.

I have the plugin installed on my Vario II, theres also versions out there with extra buttons on - just google HTC Homescreen Plugin to find. I have mine installed on Black Satin ROM so not sure if it would install to a branded one, maybe someone could confirm this?

Cheers

Jim

Guest GordonTGopher
Not sure if anyone has posted this before (I'm trying to keep up, but if I don't read for half a day, I have to read like 6 pages!!)

Try to find the differences:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...808&id3=733

The difference between the three models (the number of cameras) has actually been discussed, but I'm not surprised you missed it!

Gordon

Guest GordonTGopher
Has anyone ordered from Scancom before?? This price is 50 quid cheaper than most other websites!!!!

They are part of Scan the PC component suppliers,who I have used without issue for years. Having said that you'll find many reports of poor customer service if you need to return something.

Gordon

Guest shaun1208

I know they are £60 cheaper but for some reason (probably the customer service issue) I am gonna stick with Clove just now, and maybe switch to Expansys if they are cheaper than Clove.

Just received my 4GB microSDHC card today, so all I need now is the Kaiser to use it on.

Another difference with those different versions of the Kaiser is that the Kaiser 120 is the only one that is compatible with microSDHC cards.

Guest Hari Ramani

Check out the reviews on ciao.co.uk. its 50:50. The customer service seems pretty bad. But then... as the website reviewcenter.com says... for every bad review, there might be hundreds of satisfied customers :P Am confused :) . I have ordered on Expansys... but now need to see if others are willing to do a price match with scancom.

Why would you NOT save 60 quid?!?

P

Guest GordonTGopher
I know they are £60 cheaper but for some reason (probably the customer service issue) I am gonna stick with Clove just now, and maybe switch to Expansys if they are cheaper than Clove.

I'd hang on for the details of Pauls pre-order deal (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=257898&view=findpost&p=835152)

Gordon

removed comment about price as I'd got the wrong end of the stick

Edited by GordonTGopher

Guest shaun1208

I don't know, maybe I'm just messed up in the head. I might end up changing my mind when the time comes for Clove to contact me to confirm my order.

Paul, could you try out what the microphone is like for recording with, as I would like to know if it would be of use to me for recording lectures with. I reckon the distance from myself to the lecturer would be between 3 metres and 15 metres.

Thanks

Edited by shaun1208

Guest Webreaper
I think he's dropped a clue about the price, which is excellent :P

Don't think he has. Only post I've seen him mention price in is the one above where he mentions £440. And all that is is the £370-ex-vat-ex-delivery price with VAT and delivery added on.

I did wonder what you were talking about when you said "tease".... :)

Guest Deranged

Hi Paul,

Still no answer if:

We can connect an USB harddrive or Ipod? And if there are any smartphones who can or have the option.

And

How it relates to the X7500/X7501 (i know its bigger but like it as well, Foo them for omitting the front camera on the X7501) BTW OT, but is there a WM6 release allready for the X7500?

Thanks

Guest shaun1208

With regards to the USB Hdd drive, the Toshiba Protege G900 can but I think it'll only do it if the USB device is externally powered but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Hi Paul,

Still no answer if:

We can connect an USB harddrive or Ipod? And if there are any smartphones who can or have the option.

And

How it relates to the X7500/X7501 (i know its bigger but like it as well, Foo them for omitting the front camera on the X7501) BTW OT, but is there a WM6 release allready for the X7500?

Thanks

Guest steveoidm

The g900 has usbotg.. However I had one and didn't get 1 device to work with it. Maybe a rom update would fix this, but it seemed as if the phone wasnt passing enough power to external devices. Havent seen anyone saying the kaiser even pretends to have it... Would be lovely though!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I don't have the cables to try USB host, but doubt it'd work.

I've NOT dropped a print about the price, it will be whatever Expansys set it at but with free goodies!

Compared to the Athena (X7500/X7501), well, what do you want compared? :)

Very different beasts...

P

Guest Special2k3

It seems as if the Kaiser is comming closer and closer.

Now the kaiser is approved by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group.

Source: Klick

Edit: And here: Klick

Special2k3

Edited by Special2k3

Paul, could you do an SPB Benchmark on Kaiser? I really interested in it. And i'd like to know if Skype for PPC works well via WiFi or even 3G/HSDPA.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Just tested my A2DP headphones with the Kaiser (Motorola HT820) and I have to say that, although the sound is still a bit tinny for my liking, it's the best A2DP experience i've had to date!

Get this, I could leave my phone in the extension and walk all the way out the other side of the house before the signal broke up! Wow! I'm sure the Hermes used to break up when the phone was in my pocket :)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.