Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest n20nine
...and 1100 posts :)

or ..

From and including: Sunday, 1 July 2007

To and including: Sunday, 12 August 2007

It is 43 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 1 month, 12 days including the end date

Alternative time units

43 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 3,715,200 seconds
  • 61,920 minutes
  • 1032 hours
  • 6 weeks (rounded down)

Joe

wow, thats really comprehensive.. :)The shops here in Malaysia mostly claim that the Tytn 2 will be out in September..Lets keep our fingers crossed...

cheers.

Guest rebecker
The September date is the only official one to be leaked, so that's what they're posting. People need to realize that pdadb is just like all these other sites posting guesses based on what they see on the web. They're not getting insider info, they're just aggregating everything that's being posted everywhere else.

I still think it's so funny how one guy asking a couple of AT&T store guys turns into "INSIDER SOURCES CONFIRM SEPT 3RD RELEASE DATE!" being posted on every tech news blog when for all we know the guys at the store just made it up. The blogosphere is a fickle mistress :)

Elite-Electronix now shows this message at the bottom of its product page:

This product will be in stock on Thursday 06 September, 2007.

It originally had an August 22 date. Unfortunately for me, I leave on an extended trip on the same day and may have to wait until December ;) to get my hands on it. With my bad experience with the Toshiba G900, this might be a blessing in disguise. The rest of you can work out the bugs :P .

-Bob-

Guest Andy_S

There was HTC press conference few days ago in my country and they said that tytnII will be there 1.10.2007 BUT - for you - it will be localised version, so english (or international) SHOULD be earlier.

Guest Special2k3
There was HTC press conference few days ago in my country and they said that tytnII will be there 1.10.2007 BUT - for you - it will be localised version, so english (or international) SHOULD be earlier.

What is your country? And do you have a source? HTC usually puts an press info on their page. Is there one for your country?

Special2k3

Guest Andy_S
What is your country? And do you have a source? HTC usually puts an press info on their page. Is there one for your country?

Special2k3

Czech Republic (mentioned few pages before) and i read this on one server

Také víme, kdy se HTC TyTN II objeví na českém trhu - 1. 10. 2007

Translated : We also know, when HTC TyTN II will be available on czech market - 1.10. 2007

Source (if you don't believe me) HERE

Guest frydryce
Czech Republic (mentioned few pages before) and i read this on one server

Translated : We also know, when HTC TyTN II will be available on czech market - 1.10. 2007

Source (if you don't believe me) HERE

this is october 1st right? you folks on the other side of the pond have a funny dating system =) j/k

this is october 1st right? you folks on the other side of the pond have a funny dating system =) j/k

yup that is. :P But why are they waiting so long with the localised version? Or it's just a PR? Or the final ROM will be really final before a few days of the release? :)

(BTW our date format is: 2007.10.01 - i think the whole world should use A same date-format, because sometimes in the shops that's really frustrating the cant figure out what date format it is.)

Guest clarkster

Hey Paul,

Quick question - not sure if it's fully true or not, but I will definitely want this feature - does WM6 on the Kaiser include remote desktop (or terminal services) client??

Thanks

Guest burrzoo

The hype heard 'round the world is working in the seller's favor! Elite-Electronix has raised their pre-order price from USD $799.95 to $819.95... The release date is still Thursday, Sept. 9, 2007... I'm sure they know that they will still get plenty of buyers especially with all of the "good news" surrounding our favorite new phone.

Guest rebecker
The hype heard 'round the world is working in the seller's favor! Elite-Electronix has raised their pre-order price from USD $799.95 to $819.95... The release date is still Thursday, Sept. 9, 2007... I'm sure they know that they will still get plenty of buyers especially with all of the "good news" surrounding our favorite new phone.

MobilePlanet now lists the price as $949.95!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, can someone explain the impact of this spec statement if you're using the phone outside of the UK:

"This phone has the 2100 UMTS UK version and not the 1900 UMTS US version network."

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest bignaz2k

Hi all, I've been following this thread since the very beginning, and would like to give my kudos for all the information going around.

But back on topic, I just wanted to let you all, especially those of you in the states like I am, that the court has ruled in favor of Broadcom a few days ago in their patent case against Qualcomm. Hopefully this doesn't affect our dear Kaiser from hitting our shores (at least, in my sake, resellers selling the HTC branded, unlocked variant). Qualcomm is apparently going to appeal, though, so who knows.

[NYTimes article]

[Google News]

Guest robot_ron2004
MobilePlanet now lists the price as $949.95!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, can someone explain the impact of this spec statement if you're using the phone outside of the UK:

"This phone has the 2100 UMTS UK version and not the 1900 UMTS US version network."

Thanks.

-Bob-

Paul, can you please confirm which 3G bands your Kaiser supports? Thanks.

Guest Kchrpm

bignaz-

The rumblings I've read are that AT&T went the same route as Verizon and paid Broadcom directly for the right to use the chipset. I believe this means that though AT&T will be allowed to sell you a Tilt, you cannot buy an unlocked version in the US, or even from an overseas store and have it shipped in.

Edited by Kchrpm

Guest bignaz2k
bignaz-

The rumblings I've read are that AT&T went the same route as Verizon and paid Broadcom directly for the right to use the chipset. I believe this means that though AT&T will be allowed to sell you a Tilt, you cannot buy an unlocked version in the US, or even from an overseas store and have it shipped in.

Boourns. I seriously hope that this is not the case. I do not want an at&t branded phone, nor the inevitable crippling on it that is sure to happen.  Nor do I want to wait until they eventually release it.

Guest Andy_S
But why are they waiting so long with the localised version? Or it's just a PR? Or the final ROM will be really final before a few days of the release? :)

Well, Until now was localisation created by 3rd party company, but in Kaiser it will be original by HTC... Thats why (maybe)

Guest NuShrike
If U mean that U called Elite, did U place your order? I wish they still had the August date...
The date shift isn't too big a deal for me except to suffer GPRS (not EDGE) speeds a bit longer. Yes I did order, and it seems I'm locked in at that special promotional price now too because they, and Mobile Planet, just raised their price. Mobile Planet isn't winning my money at this point.

Guest Shuflie

Funny you should say that, did you know that your own government use the same funny dating system we do when they ask for dates on their immigration and customs paperwork? Maybe they're just trying to make us feel at home when entering your country :)

Guest mikeeey
Boourns. I seriously hope that this is not the case. I do not want an at&t branded phone, nor the inevitable crippling on it that is sure to happen.  Nor do I want to wait until they eventually release it.

what doesnt the AT&T version have the the htc version does? especially after flashing it to the HTC rom?

Guest bignaz2k
what doesnt the AT&T version have the the htc version does? especially after flashing it to the HTC rom?

I guess it really wouldnt be a huge deal if I flashed it to the HTC rom and unlocked it. But I'm sure it will be a while before it comes out (I don't really trust the rumored Sept 3rd date, as the TyTn took forever to come out if I remember correctly). I mostly just want it as fast as possible, with as few hassles as possible.  There is no word if both cameras will be in the final version, nor if any of the features will be disabled (hopefully GPS is not).

Also, I haven't been able to find anything about AT&T making a deal to offer the phone.  And I haven't seen if the body of the phone itself will be modified in any way other than branding since it hasn't been released AFAIK. (I prefer the original version to the MDA Vario III version right now, though this is no indication of how AT&T's version will look).

Long story short, just a lot of what-ifs regarding AT&T's version that remain unknowns until there is word from an official source.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.