Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
I specifically asked for it when I placed my order and was told it isn't. ;)

Sound's like whoever you were talking to was a bit on the uninformed side. Never actually heard of having to give a pac code when setting up a new contract, the usual method is to request your pac and give it to customer service from your operator when you want to transfer your number across. On the other hand I've never been with O2 or Vodaphone so i don't know if you can even get through to their CS, I know my wife has been with both in the past and always needed to phone singlepoint who were pretty bad.

Guest Webreaper
I specifically asked for it when I placed my order and was told it isn't. ;)

Just emailed Enliven again, and mentioned your comment, and was told "not sure what Modaco have told you but we can't do run 2 offers alongside each other"?!?

Guest Webreaper
I'm told if you call them up now, they should be able to help you out.

(basically the connections team have been made aware of the situation).

Sorted. Thanks. ;)

Guest James Muir

Thank you for this. The speed of this site is dizzying.

Can anyone tell me who has this in stock right now that will ship to the US? I don't care about the price. I have an order in with MoblePlanet but it wont ship until after I'm leaving on a long trip. Much thanks in advance!

J.

Guest zachto_man
I called them to be sure since they have a history of not keeping their website up-to-date (like 8/22 when they were telling people first week of Sept over the phone). I think they're just covering their bums so people don't complain.

Thanks. I had not noticed about the web site being out of date some times as when I pre-ordered it was saying the 6th.

Guest bignaz2k
I have been told that T-mob will implement 3g on UMTS with the 1700 and 2100MHz frequency. From the details available on the web.. the Kaiser supports UMTS 2100MHz. I tot that was sufficient to support T-Mob's 3g. Do you think otherwise?

Source for T-Mob frequency Plans: http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3386

I have been on T-mob for about a year now and i have no trouble with their reception and the customer service is fab. I would hate to move from them just because of this issue.

It depends on how it is deployed.  First, European 3G uses both the 1900 and 2100 Mhz bands concurrently for 3G communication (one for uplink, one for downlink).  AT&T does both directions in one band (either 850Mhz or 1900Mhz).  So if T-Mobile USA does it over both bands the way the rest of the world does it, you are SOL.  But, if they do it the same way as AT&T, there is another problem, in that I heard that the 2100Mhz band they have acquired is a few Mhz off of the international standard, so no existing 2100Mhz 3G phone would work with it. So again, SOL.

Guest teamyrv

Hi Paul, although i never post, but i had been following this thread since page 1, as i am living in singapore and have waited for this phone since june period, any idea htc knows whether when will asia launch this most anticipated phone and also initially this phone spec is rumoured to have HSUPA, but it seems the latest retailed units n flyers doesn't list this HSUPA anymore. Does it mean that there is no HSUPA? Thanks in advance for any replies.........

Guest kathryncheng

hello Paul,

Iam supposed to receive my item tomm. as well... could you guide me through the gps tagging bit that i have asked you before from taking photos.

many thanks,

dennis

Guest ChumleyEX

Is this elusive phone even real? I get the feeling the Brits are playing a joke on us nerds in the states. AT&T needs to get this phone ASAP so that they can break and then I can buy a refurb for dirt cheap.

Guest NuShrike
It depends on how it is deployed. First, European 3G uses both the 1900 and 2100 Mhz bands concurrently for 3G communication (one for uplink, one for downlink).
T-Mobile uses a very unique specific sliver of 1700 and 2100MHz for up/down. Frequency selection is a quirk of the way the spectrum was auctioned off in the US; look up Advanced Wireless Service (AWS).

NOBODY in the world uses this, and no 3G phones (except a rumored one from T-Mobile USA) support it. Also, 1700MHz still has some USA gov't/military still using it, and they get to stay around for another 10 years counting from 2006, or so.

Europeans and Japanese did it right (as usual) and use a bigger slice of the 2100MHz spectrum allocated.

Guest frydryce

I'm not sure if this is a WM6 question or an HTC question but here it goes.

i'm currently on the Palm platform and one of the things i love about it is threaded SMS/MMS. does HTC or ATT Rom have anything like this or is there a program/plug-in available that can do this?

Thanks!

Guest johnyysmith

Just been discussing this with some friends who are saying 'what does it do that the nokia n95 does not?' I have tried to extol the virtues of the Tytn II and and ran out of words. That was when they said that in order to use the gps the gizmo will use the phone as well - ie. charging you whilst using tom tom. Is that the case?

Guest desmondiwang
I'm not sure if this is a WM6 question or an HTC question but here it goes.

i'm currently on the Palm platform and one of the things i love about it is threaded SMS/MMS. does HTC or ATT Rom have anything like this or is there a program/plug-in available that can do this?

Thanks!

Hi everyone I am new here but I keep refreshing this thread when there is only 20 pages. ;)

I am currently a T-mobile USA customer so, I would like to know whether T-mobile USA will release HTC Kaiser(T-mobile Vario III?) this year in US? If yes, when?

I think if the release is before 10/15, then I will wait for the T-mobile. However, if not, I am gonna buy a unlocked one. Thanks.

Guest forrestk

Question about the Tomtom taster...

Has anyone discovered what exactly it takes to upgrade the "TomTom Taster Edition"? I'm curious if you have to buy a full separate version of tomtom - ie. the whole software package and install it along with the maps usind the dvd's OR if you can just use the TomTom software that comes with the TyTN II and order/download additional maps via the web.

Guest superwario

hey guys, does anyone know how long the battery life lasts? this was the only thing that put me off the N95 (which would only last halfway through my day from 7:00 to maybe 1:00 and it would die) Thanks guys!

Guest NuShrike
Try Sept 17 is when Mobileplanet will have Stock..
Try Sept 20th now. MP gets credit for keeping their website mostly up to date for stock status, but hitting dates and order strategy seems to be ... <_

Guest SierraDelta
Hello,

do you know a serious UK onlineshop with TyTn 2 in stock and shipping to germany?

Apart from devicewire and expansys.

Special2k3

Try Clove Technology (www.clove.co.uk), I ordered yesterday at 1400 and it is waiting for me at the DHL Brussels depot now. I don't know how many were left, though....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.