Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

strangely the TyTN II does not seem to come with an extUSB -> USB2 "A" adapter in the box.. how the heck are people supposed to install applications with no proper cable? or am I an idiot and missing something here? :-)

When you connect to the PC or any USB source which gives electrics it's charging, so while you installing applications the device is in charging. You can charge it with any mini-usb cable.

Guest Hightech
MobilePlanet do have them in stock. They just want you to buy more stuff from them. Check this out.

Link

I just place the order. Let see if I get one because in the stock it states 40 but in the process page is states Usually ship in 9 days lets see. I also place with over night shipping which was not that much..

Guest Brounoh
Yes it does doty.

Brounoh, if you look, you'll see MoDaCo is the source of that story ;)

P

MaDoCo... always the good source!

But, I still don't find the information that this would work in the UK... meaning: with a kaiser, could a subscribe to a Blackberry data whatever option (knowing that I dont have a RIM phone)

Guest Brounoh
As long as your carrier supports it, yes, I believe is should work?

P

sorry for another question a bit of topic...

so for push it is ok I guess

what about internet surfing? I am asking because for example O2 has a ilimited internet surfing option for blackberrys

Guest borg.cube
I just got off the phone with MobilePlanet, I was about to cancel my order, the rep assured me they are getting some phones today and will be shipping them tonight.

Mobileplanet shipped my TII out last night (Thurs) by UPS 2 day air. It wont come until Monday evening as UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends with that service. ;)

Guest bignaz2k

Just received a confimation that my preorder from E-Gadget Depot is shipping out today! Too bad the next day shipping that I got is useless, since I won't be able to pick it up until Monday (had it shipped to work).

Would have been nice, since I am going on a long drive this weekend, with the GPS and all.  Oh well, I am still excited!

Guest Hightech

Well got off the phone with Mobile planet and the rep was tell me that they have 400 in stock but are filling there 1,000 Per-Orders so since I order mine late last night I will have to wait one more week oh well that will teach me to order ahead of time... ;) By the way it will be my first time owning one of these device. I use to have the X50v from dell and my smartphone which is not so smart compare to the TyTN II...

Edited by Hightech

Guest LaSepultura

I ran out an bought an iPhone the day of the price drop. I then came home and canceled my Kaiser preorders. The next day I got an e-mail that my Kaiser shipped out from MobilePlanet. Thank God for that. I thought I could learn to love the iPhone, but I couldn't. I miss my video camera, 3G, and AIM.

So after I return my iPhone, could I get away with the iPhone's data plan on my Kaiser?

Guest NuShrike
So after I return my iPhone, could I get away with the iPhone's data plan on my Kaiser?
Why not except you don't get visual voicemail, and you get to keep the $20 unlimited data. I hope you kept the sim.

You could do better and get a dumbphone and sim, and then sign up for the $19 unlimited data (MediaMax 200) as long as you don't tell them you're using it on a better phone. Saves you a buck.

Guest NuShrike
I'm pretty sure it's because I Pre-Ordered the phone on 8/12/07. So, I would expect no less from them since they advertised it would be in stock today. They have had my money since the 12th too (Unlike mobilePlanet who charges your card when they ship but they were around $45. higher + would have been $65.+ more for tax).
My 2007/08/10 pre-order with EE is totally fubar'ed and they're telling me I'm on the second shipment now. I didn't use GCO initially until they actually had stock, and GCO didn't send the change request email comment to EE linking the GCO order with the pre-order while EE was sorting out the shipping yesterday.

Did you know http://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html that GCO even says don't charge before ship? Well, GCO and BBB can sort it out now.

Instead, E-Gadget depot came through and I should see something by the 11th.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest LaSepultura
Why not except you don't get visual voicemail, and you get to keep the $20 unlimited data. I hope you kept the sim.

You could do better and get a dumbphone and sim, and then sign up for the $19 unlimited data (MediaMax 200) as long as you don't tell them you're using it on a better phone. Saves you a buck.

Yeah, I have a dummy phone. I think i'll just call them up and switch to the MediaMax 200 after I return the JesusPhone.

Man, I wish I payed extra for next day shipping. I can't wait!

Guest deadeyed

To all Kaiser owners:

Would need your help to check whether Kaiser can do 2-way phone recording? (without turning on speaker phone)

I've tested my Hermes & an Atom Exec with Resco Audio Recorder 4. As expected the Samsung powered Hermes didn't work & the Xscale powered Atom Exec is working perfectly.

Since Kaiser is having a new processor from Qualcomm, so I'm wondering if it can do 2-way recording or not?

If anyone willing to help, please download a demo from Resco & check:

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/audiorecorder/downloads.asp

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Guest zachto_man
I will do that. My - supposed - 3 day shipping which according to the UPS tracking is ground cost $32.07. I was kicking myself for not going next day air. I will post about the customer service experience.

karlo

Ps. Strangely, I am having mine shipped to foggy DC as I am temporarily living in a hotel.

I contacted Elite Electronix this morning and they were very apologetic about the shipping error. I had a refund notification e-mail from Google check out (for the difference in shipping) in my in box in about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, my TyTn II is on a truck some where between Hodgkins Illinois and South San Francisco. Sigh...

They also told me that they had received only 25 out of 50 that they had ordered and expected.

Karlo

Edited by zachto_man

Guest robertlewisca

I originally placed my order through MobilePlanet, then placed another one through Elite-Electronix, hoping to keep the order that shipped first, and cancel the other. When I called MobilePlanet and asked about my order and when it would ship, he asked me whether I had ordered through Elite-Electronix too because he had two orders in his system. I fessed up to what I was doing, but also found out that MobilePlanet is the distributor of the Tytn II in the US and that Elite was getting all of their Tytn II's from MobilePlanet. So, I wonder if MobilePlanet decided to keep a few extra and fulfill some more of their orders first....

At any rate, mine shipped yesterday via two day shipping from MobilePlanet, and I should get it on Monday. Can't Wait!

Guest kathryncheng

hello paul, is it normal that when iam in landscape mode the clear type settings seems to disappear and going back to portrait mode in the screen clear type comes back? and have you got any updates on the geotagging the photos taken from p4550? by the way iam using my p4550 now as iam putting on this reply ...cheers

Guest Hightech
hello paul, is it normal that when iam in landscape mode the clear type settings seems to disappear and going back to portrait mode in the screen clear type comes back? and have you got any updates on the geotagging the photos taken from p4550? by the way iam using my p4550 now as iam putting on this reply ...cheers

kathryncheng

What cases are you using for this device??? Are you using the one that comes with it???

Guest kathryncheng
kathryncheng

What cases are you using for this device??? Are you using the one that comes with it???

hightech,

I use the leather pouch that is included in the package which seems to be very nice... why do you ask? any recommendations?

Guest burrzoo
My 2007/08/10 pre-order with EE is totally fubar'ed and they're telling me I'm on the second shipment now. I didn't use GCO initially until they actually had stock, and GCO didn't send the change request email comment to EE linking the GCO order with the pre-order while EE was sorting out the shipping yesterday.

Did you know http://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html that GCO even says don't charge before ship? Well, GCO and BBB can sort it out now.

Instead, E-Gadget depot came through and I should see something by the 11th.

That SUCKS! Yeah, I didn't care for being charged when it hadn't been shipped but I accepted the fact and lived with it. Interesting that GCO policy states that. I hope now everything goes well when I get my phone and don't have to deal with anymore customer service. (although my experience had been a-ok so far). Good luck moving forward!

Guest matt sb

All - two pieces of information for the group. First, I received a TYTN II and put in my AT&T 3G card and it immediately configured it perfectly. I did not need to call AT&T or anything.

Also, my device has a dead pixel in it. I called HTC's US support to see if it could be fixed and the guy seemed very surprised to hear I had one. I told him I bought it from London (Clove) and he said "Did you know AT&T is releasing it on Oct 1?" I know there are multiple reports of dates all over the place, but this sounded pretty definitive.

Does anyone know if the pixel can be fixed any way other than swapping out the unit? The pixel is always blue, so when it should be a different color it stands out.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.