Google Maps with SPV M700

Guest eibborc

Guest eibborc

I have been using Google Maps on my M700 for a couple of months or so with no problems - I have a TOMTOM for the car so I usually only use it when walking about cities as part of my job.

However I went on hols to Spain last week and tried to get it to work but no joy - I assumed I wasn't able to get the data connection with the roaming provider I was using.

But now I'm back in the UK, I'm still getting the same error message:

'This program requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit www.google.com/gmm/configure.html on your computer for more info.

(Error:wininetHttpError [0 12002])'

Grateful for any help, thoughts or advice

Cheers

R.

Guest The Doctor
I have been using Google Maps on my M700 for a couple of months or so with no problems - I have a TOMTOM for the car so I usually only use it when walking about cities as part of my job.

However I went on hols to Spain last week and tried to get it to work but no joy - I assumed I wasn't able to get the data connection with the roaming provider I was using.

But now I'm back in the UK, I'm still getting the same error message:

'This program requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier, or visit www.google.com/gmm/configure.html on your computer for more info.

(Error:wininetHttpError [0 12002])'

Grateful for any help, thoughts or advice

Cheers

R.

Odd, i get that error but the app still works fine :S Has your M700 been upgraded to WM6?

Phil

Guest eibborc
Odd, i get that error but the app still works fine :S Has your M700 been upgraded to WM6?

Phil

No it hasn't been upgraded to WM6 - can I do that?

Also, if I click on OK when the error comes up it shuts down the app automatically