GPS software: Route 66 - problems w/ QWERTY keyboard

Guest Aoi Akujin

Guest Aoi Akujin

Ok.. so I've finally got myself a GPS reciever as tiny as a USB key, and decided to go looking around for some software to go with it. I've searched around for different types of software and found pros and cons about each one. So after trying out different types of software available for my i600 I've finally settled for Route 66 Mobile for smartphones. - done

Only one problem... the software doesn't pick up my QWERTY style keyboard properly.

Where the num.pad is it detects it as if it were a regular hand held phone where I have to push "2" several times to get either (A,B,C,or 2).

Now I know someone browsing these forums probably has the same problem as I do (if not with my gps software than another) because majority of all the GPS software out there will not handle the QWERTY style keyboard.

So if anyone can enlighten me as to a hack/regedit/3rd party utility on how to get my software to recognize the QWERTY style keyboard, it would greatly be appreciated.

Aoi

PS. Route66 is awesome.. finds my contacts in seconds

Guest Aoi Akujin
hi aoi,

which Version do you use? I tested R66 N7 (!) with my I600 and the Querty Keyboard is working flawless.

Gyhor

I've got version 7.0.3040

what version do you have???

Guest Aoi Akujin
but i will test another navisystem. R66 is too buggy

Try going into the screen "zoom to" then "location" or something along those lines and try using the # area for me and check if the QWERTY works.. Or do you have to push something like a key combination (Fn + whatever) to activate/deactivate it??

Edited by Aoi Akujin

Guest Aoi Akujin

Umm.. not the actual * or # keys... but umm.... the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 .... area

every time I push "e" it inputs 1... t =2 u =3 etc.

Also.. did you upgrade to that version or did you do an install directly from that version?? Been trying to look for an older version to test out, but can't find anything available =(

EDIT****

got it to work after reinstalling it a few times.

Edited by Aoi Akujin

• 1 year later...
Umm.. not the actual * or # keys... but umm.... the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 .... area

every time I push "e" it inputs 1... t =2 u =3 etc.

Similar issue here... Route66 sometimes believes that I'm in Russia because when I enter a location (in plain ASCII), the input field contains cyrillic characters... :-(

• 2 months later...