icons...

Guest mukcl

Guest mukcl

Hello...

1st thing! Great website, this is my first post but I have been reading for a few days now, and done A LOT to my phone! great work people!

I have a Orange SPV E650 sim/app unlocked (with the fix files on this site)

Ok, I have a couple of questions....I was looking for a way to make the icons at the top a little smaller...I found Facade, this solved that. But now The icons look ugly! the edges etc. I am reasonably good with Photoshop, so I think I can design some smaller icons, but I need some info on what size they have to be and where to put them and how to replace the one being used now.

I take it the ones I have now on my mobile are the original ones but resized...

Any links to tutorials?

Thanks!

Mike

...I am also having problems trying to the OmapClock to run...I followed the tutorial and set it to 240, and get "cant map I/O" error :S

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi. Welcome to MoDaCo forum. :)

Below is a screenshot of 'Settings.exe' icon resource file. This was taken from my NeoSettings file. It contains 16 icons (icon ID 0 -15). Each ID contains 4 icon sizes (16x16 to 44x44). Now, I haven't used Facade before so try playing with the icons by editing them using an resource editor/ hacker. For Start Menu and homescreen icons, the C550 (a QVGA device) automatically uses 22x22 and 44x44 icon sizes so they don't appear 'edgy'. Try it with your phone and Facade and see how it goes.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1039/snap385nm2.png

The file...

Settings.zip

As for the OMAP error, I have encountered the same message with a unit that is not fully 'reg/ security unlocked'. I used 'SDA Security Unlocker' for that purpose.