Latest rom for Jamin?

Guest sinnerman

Guest sinnerman

Hi All,

I notice that there appears to be three ROM upgrades on the i-mate FTP site:

JAMin_WWE_1000925_10009114_11420_ship.exe

JAMin_WWE_2130923_21309112_020720_ship.zip

JAMin_WWE_213923_2139123_022021_ship.zip

Does anyone know which is the latest? I'm guessing it's one of the two last, but it's not clear what the version numbers are.

Thanks.

Guest skrabbins

...I had a little google and found a very useful article by the ubiquitious menneisys. If I am reading it correctly, the OS portion of the bottom two is the same, but the bottom one has a newer radio rom. (but not the newest!)

Identifying the version number of a given ROM upgrade installer EXE file

All ROM upgrade EXE file names are created the following way:

RUU_______

Note that there may be exceptions; for example, i-mate may use the following naming convention:

RUU______K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.zip.

...The ROM version is very easy to decode: if you just change 0’s to periods (.), you get the “real” version number. Also, in general, except for beta versions, there’re no subnumbers with more than two digits; therefore, you must also break up these numbers into two-digit groups, even if there’re no 0’s to denote periods. This is why, for example, 2170702 becomes 2.17.7.2, 1060701 1.6.7.1 and 216901 2.16.9.1.

Full article: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1

Guest sinnerman
...I had a little google and found a very useful article by the ubiquitious menneisys. If I am reading it correctly, the OS portion of the bottom two is the same, but the bottom one has a newer radio rom. (but not the newest!)

Full article: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;tb=1&pb=1

Well, by that logic, doesn't the last two become:

That doesn't seem to make much sense. I'd bet that these are really the same version (2.13.9.23), and only the boot loader and GSM version have changed.

Guest skrabbins
Well, by that logic, doesn't the last two become:

i was wondering that as i posted but i assumed i-mate just missed out a 0

I'd bet that these are really the same version (2.13.9.23), and only the boot loader and GSM version have changed.

yep, I agree.