HELP - AutoText/Autocorrect Option or Alternative for Smartphone/WM6

Guest kolemieux

Guest kolemieux

Guys -

Shoot me for being stupid - but I do have a lot of searching into this so decided to ask the pro's. I was a former BB user (heavy) spent a ton of time now with WM6/PPC and now grabbed a VOX with Smartphone WM6.

I am BEYOND DESPERATE for an option here that will allow autotext/autocorrect/autocomplete without having it be more painful than typing the word all together. With WM6/PPC I finally figured out how to do it with the autocorrect.txt file and a few apps out there (or manually) --- WM6 Smartphone is clearly different in this regard. What I am after is stuff like this...

Typing ..

BB (space) = Blackberry

thxm (space) = Thanks Much!

reg = Regards - Chris...

u = you

r = are

Enough of these coupled together makes typing a breeze and am toast without it.

So I know this T9 is part of the Smartphone package and read there were ways to Edit it but not sure that still works or there is a way around it.

Folks - I am quite desperate, love this VOX, but let me know if you may offer me some options/suggestions/hacks that I may be able to use to accomplish this.

My sincere and desperare thanks -- :)

Chris

• 1 year later...
Guest stephen.gazard

Did anyone every find a solution for this ... I am desparate for the same funcitonality.

Guys -

Shoot me for being stupid - but I do have a lot of searching into this so decided to ask the pro's. I was a former BB user (heavy) spent a ton of time now with WM6/PPC and now grabbed a VOX with Smartphone WM6.

I am BEYOND DESPERATE for an option here that will allow autotext/autocorrect/autocomplete without having it be more painful than typing the word all together. With WM6/PPC I finally figured out how to do it with the autocorrect.txt file and a few apps out there (or manually) --- WM6 Smartphone is clearly different in this regard. What I am after is stuff like this...

Typing ..

BB (space) = Blackberry

thxm (space) = Thanks Much!

reg = Regards - Chris...

u = you

r = are

Enough of these coupled together makes typing a breeze and am toast without it.

So I know this T9 is part of the Smartphone package and read there were ways to Edit it but not sure that still works or there is a way around it.

Folks - I am quite desperate, love this VOX, but let me know if you may offer me some options/suggestions/hacks that I may be able to use to accomplish this.

My sincere and desperare thanks -- ;)

Chris