TomTom on Kaiser how to

Guest fulleke
The folder structure on my Vario III is as follows: \TomTom - contains TTToday.dll \Program Files\Navigator - contains the Navigator software \Storage Card - contains Start.exe, ttdesk.ver and ttnavigator.bif \Storage Card\voices - contains the voice files \Storage Card\Western Europe - contains all the map files (no sub-folders)
got everything as you have, except for the start.exe and ttdesk.ver , TT doesn't seem to have installed them on my Kaiser? Can't find them anywhere... this is what i have on my SDMicro...

post-306182-1193064719_thumb.jpg

Edited by fulleke

Guest SilverfoxUK

I've tried exactly as stated in the first post, however, I do not get the option to see the port 4 screen.

all I get is the 'no gps device' message on TTN. GPS test also picks up nothing, tried outside for a long time.

the weird this is that gps works fine on google maps?

any ideas?

Guest SilverfoxUK

just for anyone else having same issue... found this on the xda site.

"Hm.. installed 6.030 my maps work fine, but when I choose "Other NMEA" and choose baud rate 4800, it doesn't prompt me for Com4. When I get into the program, it just sits there "No GPS Device". Any ideas?

Googlemaps seems to work fine locating a GPS signal though."

reply: NVM, finally got it to work. Changed the ExternalGPS setting to Com4. Then when I got into TomTom it asked me which Com Port I wanted to use. Works awesome now."

I have now done this and it is working fine :(

so much for NOT TOUCHING THE EXTERNAL GPS SETTINGS ;)

Whist talking about tomtom, i have an issue with tomtom 6, it seems to be a few meters out, when i get to the end of a street tomtom shows me a little way back down the street... it can get confusing as it states turn left but this is after the road i should have passed any ideas?

Guest cougal96
The folder structure on my Vario III is as follows:

\TomTom - contains TTToday.dll

\Program Files\Navigator - contains the Navigator software

\Storage Card - contains Start.exe, ttdesk.ver and ttnavigator.bif

\Storage Card\voices - contains the voice files

\Storage Card\Western Europe - contains all the map files (no sub-folders)

This is what i have however the voice files dont work??

I installed both files (navigator and tomtom today) to phone, didnt work then tried installing to sd card and again said i had no voice files - i dont want to have all the voice files on my phone!

btw im using version: TomTom NAVIGATOR v6.000 (7370)

should i create a new thread? tried searching cant find any help!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest ManImCool

I have tomtom on my SD card; when I inserted the SD card into my Kaiser it autoran and installed. Tomtom works beautifully, I couldn't be happier, it finds my location in less than 10 seconds everytime, (I live in California). My only problem, is that EVERY time I soft reset (with the SD card in), TomTom automatically loads up. Everytime I insert the SD card into the phone, it starts up. Is there a way to disable TomTom from loading everytime I soft reset, while keeping the SD card in? Can I just delete some file on the SD card that might disable this? Please help me solve this minor inconvenience to this excellent program!

Guest Transform

i believe that there is an autorun file that is designed to run when the sd card is put in. i had this problem and deleted all the setup files from tomtom then it was ok :(

Guest ManImCool
i believe that there is an autorun file that is designed to run when the sd card is put in. i had this problem and deleted all the setup files from tomtom then it was ok :(

do you remember what exact files you deleted? what files/folders do you have remaining left over in your storage card directory?

Guest Neil5459

Don't delete any files in case you need them for reinstallation at any point.

Your SD card will have a folder called 2577 which contains the TTN installation/Autorun files. A 2577 folder is a system folder the OS will execute after soft reset, or card insertion.

To stop TTN running when you insert the card, rename the 2577 folder to 2577_old or anything else; that will prevent the autorun.

Guest ManImCool
Don't delete any files in case you need them for reinstallation at any point.

Your SD card will have a folder called 2577 which contains the TTN installation/Autorun files. A 2577 folder is a system folder the OS will execute after soft reset, or card insertion.

To stop TTN running when you insert the card, rename the 2577 folder to 2577_old or anything else; that will prevent the autorun.

great that worked!!

Guest RickDawson

I cannot find TomTom on the included cd :( :D

any pointers?

or is it not included with the T-Mobile UK Vario III version?

Edited by RickDawson

Guest KevinAlbrecht

I do not have the Tom Tom on my CD, for my Tilt. Is that included only for the Kaiser?

However, if you install the included TomTom Navigator 6 from the included CD (Installer_Kaiser_ttn_6_032_8351_HTC_WWE_20070716.exe) everything will work from the moment you install the program.

TomTom Navigator 6 version 6.032 included the option for a "Build-In GPS Receiver".

I tested it myself and it works like a charm :(

P.S. The included Sprite Backup software is really nice too :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest generous1one

Hey guys please help. I have the tytn 11 and the tomtom 6 from the packaged cd has worked fine. BUT my wife has upgraded to the o2 stellar which is o2's version and ive tried to install my tom tom software and it tells me I need to update the rom version ???. So how can I get my software supplied with by HTC to work with the o2 stellar.

If it wont can anyone tell me which version I need to purchase to use on both devices. They are ofcourse identical devices but packaged differently. Thanks

Guest Neil5459

The version of TomTom supplied with HTC devices is specific to the TyTn II (6.032) whereas the latest general release vesion is 6.030; As O2 create custom ROM's for their devices, it may be that the TyTn version doesn't recognise the O2 version.

Having 2 TomTom devices on a home PC can also be troublesome, unless each one is installed on it's own PC- TomTom Home cannot cope with 2 registered devices. If your wife can create a TomTom Home account, there is a way to obtain the generic TomTom software- look in recent posts here- sorry I can't remember which topic it was, but the title was something like: 'What is the latest version of TomTom that will run.....'

Guest redearth
The version of TomTom supplied with HTC devices is specific to the TyTn II (6.032) whereas the latest general release vesion is 6.030; As O2 create custom ROM's for their devices, it may be that the TyTn version doesn't recognise the O2 version.

Having 2 TomTom devices on a home PC can also be troublesome, unless each one is installed on it's own PC- TomTom Home cannot cope with 2 registered devices. If your wife can create a TomTom Home account, there is a way to obtain the generic TomTom software- look in recent posts here- sorry I can't remember which topic it was, but the title was something like: 'What is the latest version of TomTom that will run.....'

Is the same true for the TMob MDA Vario 3? I tried installing TTN 6.032 and got the same error message about the ROM version. Should I try 6.030 instead, and if so, where do I get it?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Ensure you have TomTom Home installed (free from TomTom.com), then hit up this link:

tomtomhome:///TomTom?Install%3fhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.tomtom.com%2fupdates%2fttn.ppc.6.030.8320.toc&k33FSw

:(

P

Guest Transform

im still having a few problems with my tomtom. when i turn the phone on, sometimes it just starts up by itself. i have tried the fix where i change the name of the 2577 folder, but then when i open up tomtom, my map cannot be found. any more advice?

Guest redearth
Ensure you have TomTom Home installed (free from TomTom.com), then hit up this link:

tomtomhome:///TomTom?Install%3fhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.tomtom.com%2fupdates%2fttn.ppc.6.030.8320.toc&k33FSw

:(

P

Thanks, I've installed TT Home and downloaded the program from the link you posted, but when I try to load it onto the Kaiser, TT Home gives the error "Internal Memory: This device is not supported". It seems to recognise my phone as an HTC Kaiser. Any ideas what this error means? Do I need a memory card in order to use TTN?

That presumably is the problem. The internal memory isn't supported as the huge TT maps aren't going to fit into the internal memory... You'll need to get yourself a memory card. luckily they're not very expensive nowadays... A couple of months ago I got a 6gb for £35ish... I'm sure they're a lot less now. And I have the TT maps, and about 30 albums on my card, and it isn't anywhere near full.

Guest sc0user_75

Guys, I tried to install tomtom 6 last night. However, I have a bit of a weird problem.

When I fire up TT6 I get a message saying No Maps Found. I then only have the option to click Done, and this exits tt6.

I installed the UK & Ireland maps to the tomtom folder on the sd card. When this didnt work I installed to my docs. when this didnt work I installed to Guam folder. When this didnt work I installed to Navigator folder.

But nothing seems to be working!