Smartdialer present but invisible after changes to dialer skin

Guest Xweistein

Guest Xweistein

Hi!

I have an Orange SPV M3000. It comes with an ugly dialer pad by default, with colors such as black on dark gray, so I tried installing a dialer skin I found on the Internet - it wasn't really great but the colors were more intelligently chosen. I've uninstalled it after a while from Remove Programs, but the old skin wasn't restored properly - it was a hybrid with background from the new skin and buttons from the default one, and the smartdialer wasn't usable anymore.

I then tried to install the black theme from here:

[a]http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=253520[/a]

and it looks wonderful, I love it, but the smartdialer still doesn't work. It's there, if I longclick where it's supposed to be a popup menu appears with details for a contact, but it isn't visible.

After this, I've also tried...

If you have upgraded your HTC Hermes from WM5 to WM6, your smartdialer application is not installed by default. Use this to get it back: *link*

..from the previous topic but it still doesn't work.

I've then removed the black smartdialer theme and moved all files I thought were relevant to the problem (gifs and bmps from \Windows) to a different folder and a crippled version of the original dialer was restored, but I still can't use the smartdialer. I have also reinstalled the black dialer theme with no success.

I've soft resetted the device between all operations that I've mentioned above.

What could I do to fix this problem?

Guest mordicus
What could I do to fix this problem?

Possibly your registry settings are not correct (happened to me after using spb Mobile shell, after de-installing I also lost my smartdialer)

Please check if HKLM\Software\HTC\Smartdialing\bEnableDialer is set to 1.

If not, change it to 1, and do a softreset for it to come acitve.