best sms software?

Guest musicvan

Guest musicvan

Any thoughts on the best sms software that will make up for the glaring omission from this product, a decent sms t9 entry app using touchflo. Cannot believe one of the main uses of a phone in the UK has been overlooked by htc, maybe some future firmware updates will fix this?

Can the touchflo operations be developed by third party developers? This would open up new ways to interact with the main apps in WM6 and avoid waiting for htc to come up with firmware upgrades.

Guest Driekus

There's THIS thread on this subject with a T9 substitute over at XDA-DEV's, which I think should be working, at least that's what it says in one of the posts (see posts #12,36,39 so I guess it works, but would be nice to see confirmation on another forum). But I'm not sure if this is illegal or something. If so, apologies to the moderators. Maybe you could try it out and confirm it is working. The absence of T9 is keeping me from buying the Touch, so I would really like to know if it works. If not, I think I keep my money in my pocket and hope T-Mo will release their MDA Touch in Holland, with T9.

Cheers

Edit: MDA Touch available from today in Holland, unfortunately no T9...

Edited by Driekus

Guest apphoen
There's THIS thread on this subject with a T9 substitute over at XDA-DEV's, which I think should be working, at least that's what it says in one of the posts (see posts #12,36,39 so I guess it works, but would be nice to see confirmation on another forum). But I'm not sure if this is illegal or something. If so, apologies to the moderators. Maybe you could try it out and confirm it is working. The absence of T9 is keeping me from buying the Touch, so I would really like to know if it works. If not, I think I keep my money in my pocket and hope T-Mo will release their MDA Touch in Holland, with T9.

Cheers

Edit: MDA Touch available from today in Holland, unfortunately no T9...

I can confirm the T9 works with various languages and it really is a good bit of kit. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edhibbert

I'll second that. The HTC T9 phonepad application works perfectly on the Touch, integrates well with the UI, has solid memory features and even looks good! I use a slightly different version, see link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311290 (vanilla version, variants available)

In fact it integrates so well that it's almost like it was designed to be there from the start :) ...