e650 with tomtom device

Guest jbeynon

Guest jbeynon

has anyone been able to get any tomtom devices (in particular the tomtom one) to work with the e650? My tomtom finds the device but when i try and connect it says there are no compatible features found...

any ideas?

john.

Guest paholman
has anyone been able to get any tomtom devices (in particular the tomtom one) to work with the e650? My tomtom finds the device but when i try and connect it says there are no compatible features found...

any ideas?

john.

Hi John,

I'm not sure I understand your question or your intentions.

TomTom MOBILE works on the E650 provided the Software is copied and installed onto the external MicroSD card.

In addition to the software you also need a Bluetooth GPS device, as the SPV E650 does not have built in GPS.

Do you have the TomTom software installed on your phone and a GPS device, or are trying to connect your SPV E650 and use your TomTOM1 for use as a GPS receiver?

Guest conan_troutman

some tomtom devices can be used as hands free kits maybe he is tryong to do that but I didn't think tomtom one could do that.

Guest jbeynon
Hi John,

I'm not sure I understand your question or your intentions.

TomTom MOBILE works on the E650 provided the Software is copied and installed onto the external MicroSD card.

In addition to the software you also need a Bluetooth GPS device, as the SPV E650 does not have built in GPS.

Do you have the TomTom software installed on your phone and a GPS device, or are trying to connect your SPV E650 and use your TomTOM1 for use as a GPS receiver?

no, I have a tomtom one satnav device but it won't connect to my e650 so it can connect to the internet to get traffic updates etc,

john.

Guest gavboy
no, I have a tomtom one satnav device but it won't connect to my e650 so it can connect to the internet to get traffic updates etc,

john.

Same problem here. It works fine on my wife's C600, so don't understand why it doesn't connect to the E650. Surely it's looking for Bluetooth. Or is it something to do with Windows Mobile 6?

Guest iangray

We have an interesting problem here.

The TomTom, I have the "one", but I assume the same applies to other variants does not connect to the E650 via bluetooth.

I have done a little research and it appears its because DUN (Dial up networking) is not part of Windows Mobile 6, Microsoft have removed it. Microsoft want's to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) instead see http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archiv...etooth-dun.aspx

I have contacted TomTom and asked if they had any plans to upgrade the device to work with ICS but I have not got a definitive reply all I got was a link to there supported phones site.

http://www.tomtom.com/phones/

As you can see the E650 is not a supported device, so it does not work and will not work until either Orange provide an updated ROM which includes DUN, or TomTom upgrades the device to use ICS, or until a third party app becomes available to bridge the gap, I currently know of no such app but perhaps someone out their does?

Which gives me a problem I currently subscribe to the camera alerts which still update via TomTom home, but I have no access to the mobile alerts, as I have not got a device that connects the TomTom to the internet. So do I continue subscribing to a service where I now only get half the functionality I had before on my C600?

Guest jbeynon

I knew if i contacted TomTom about the issue that would be their exact response - simply a link to the supported phones!!!

But i definitely think that's the problem - the whole DUN issue, i just wish someone (Orange/TomTom) would fix the problem!

john.