Orange connection settings

Guest Buckster

Guest Buckster

Hi All,

sorry to be a pain but i have looked everywhere for the past hour for the connection settings for a Hermes on Orange UK.

I seem to remember a thread where they were available as a CAB but i cant find it.

I think im gonna flash to the HTC WM6 official rom and i want to have the settings on hand.

Many thanks

Buckster

Guest jimbouk

get RABDO's orange UK cab over at xda developers or at wmblack.info

It sets up gprs/3g/mms/voicemail etc.

Or set up a new data connection using 3g, access point : orangeinternet with no username or password for straight forward 3g data access.

Guest crazyc

I posted rabdos cab in one of the threads on this very page within the last week or two - have a search and you will find it.

(Look in the thread about voicemail problem with Black Majik)

Edited by crazyc

Guest Buckster

Thanks guys,

Green turtle -Its a contact phone.

Crazy - could you post the link to that thread ? I spent an hour looking for it last night as i saw you mentioned it in another thread?

Jimbo - I will try to have a poke around in there mate, Does it only work with the black roms or with any ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crusti

hi all

newbie here, ive flashde my radio and put on black satin, ive tried three cabs

"ORANGE_UK" , "ORANGEUK_SMS_PROVIDERS" and "Orange_UK_by_rabdo_v1.5.cab"

the first 2 cabs install fine, and i can make calls but no sms :@

had a hunt around the site and found radbo's cab, but i cant install it :?

ive dl'd and extracted it and ive copied the folder to my phone but wen i try to run it and i get is internet explorer opening it

its probably something really obvious that im not doing??

as for black satin, its seems great, i followed mr vanx's guide and it was very easy

cheers for help in advance

Edited by crusti

Guest crazyc

extracted it?

Just copy the cab to your phone and then open file explorer on the phone, and double click on the cab....

Rabdo's cab is THE cab used by orange users......have used it myself countless times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
extracted it?

Just copy the cab to your phone and then open file explorer on the phone, and double click on the cab....

Rabdo's cab is THE cab used by orange users......have used it myself countless times.

Thanks mate! Never knew my cab would be so popular!

Guest crazyc
Thanks mate! Never knew my cab would be so popular!

Well it has been the first thing I installed after every flash for many months now....so credit where credit is due - saves me ages.

Don't suppose you ever found a way of completely packaging it did you?

Well it has been the first thing I installed after every flash for many months now....so credit where credit is due - saves me ages.

Don't suppose you ever found a way of completely packaging it did you?

What exactly do you mean by 'completely packaging'? - I thought having all the settings in a single cab would be enough but if you have any suggestions I'll see what I can do.

ps. I was thinking of adding the 'OrangeWorld' website to mobile favorites to my cab to complete the Orange experience - what do you think?

Edited by rabdo

Guest crazyc
What exactly do you mean by 'completely packaging'? - I thought having all the settings in a single cab would be enough but if you have any suggestions I'll see what I can do.

ps. I was thinking of adding the 'OrangeWorld' website to mobile favorites to my cab to complete the Orange experience - what do you think?

I meant in terms of a package that could be used with Bepe's package tool when rom cooking - I encountered some errors when trying and have not got back to it yet.

Adding Orangeworld sounds good - go for it. (please do let me know when the next cab (1.6??) is out)

Guest Sean Saunders

I would strongly like to see OrangeWorld added to this cab, i use the orangeworld site to access my Accounts with orange and use some of the other services....which are now lost.

Great work with the Cab Though, saves me a lot of time already!

I meant in terms of a package that could be used with Bepe's package tool when rom cooking - I encountered some errors when trying and have not got back to it yet.

Adding Orangeworld sounds good - go for it. (please do let me know when the next cab (1.6??) is out)

I tried setting it up for use in ROM cooking before but there were problems with the sms_providers.dll file. I actually just gave up on that and stuck to using cab files. You can also put the cab file in ext_rom and have it auto-executed after hard reset during customisation.

As for OrangeWorld, I will add that into v1.6 of my cab file

Guest crazyc
I tried setting it up for use in ROM cooking before but there were problems with the sms_providers.dll file. I actually just gave up on that and stuck to using cab files. You can also put the cab file in ext_rom and have it auto-executed after hard reset during customisation.

As for OrangeWorld, I will add that into v1.6 of my cab file

I was considering that, but a number of the cabs I would put in there then reset the device. If I could make them all run before then doing a reset, that would be great - any suggestions gratefully accepted....

Also, was struggling to find the posts on XDA detailing the extrom set up - will go back and have a proper look this week but should you remember the topic title or anything that would help.

New version released!

Orange UK by rabdo v1.6.cab

-Installs Internet and MMS settings for Orange UK

-changes UMTS prefix to 3G when on 3G networks

-fixes voicemail icon

-fixes user agent ID (for orangeworld)

-changes regional settings to UK

-Black-IV-Shadow compliant!!! (contains sdkcerts)

-Adds Pocket IE shortcut to orangeworld

Edited by rabdo

Guest crazyc
New version released!

-Installs Internet and MMS settings for Orange UK

-changes UMTS prefix to 3G when on 3G networks

-fixes voicemail icon

-fixes user agent ID (for orangeworld)

-changes regional settings to UK

-Black-IV-Shadow compliant!!! (contains sdkcerts)

-Adds Pocket IE shortcut to orangeworld

Cheers Rabdo.

I have just run it, and my PIE is hanging at "Opening".

I have re-installed v1.5 and it makes no difference.

ActiveSync OTA seems to be working but at a ludicrously slow pace despite HSDPA.

Hmmm

Any suggestions? May be network in my area - will leave it and try later.

Guest crazyc
Cheers Rabdo.

I have just run it, and my PIE is hanging at "Opening".

I have re-installed v1.5 and it makes no difference.

ActiveSync OTA seems to be working but at a ludicrously slow pace despite HSDPA.

Hmmm

Any suggestions? May be network in my area - will leave it and try later.

OK - seems my PIE does work but Sooooooo slow (like Activesync)

Might be something to do with the network where I am.

I will leave it till tonight and report back.

OK - seems my PIE does work but Sooooooo slow (like Activesync)

Might be something to do with the network where I am.

I will leave it till tonight and report back.

Adding the shortcut in favorites was the only change in v1.6 so I don't think my cab is causing your problems.

Good luck and report back

Guest crazyc

OK - am happy to report that it seems to have just been unfortunate timing that around the same time I installed 1.6, the Orange network in my area decided to limit itself to around 10k connection. Once I went home it was OK!

As expected, the 1.6 cab works fine (and is now saved as my default set up cab)

Cheers

C.

OK - am happy to report that it seems to have just been unfortunate timing that around the same time I installed 1.6, the Orange network in my area decided to limit itself to around 10k connection. Once I went home it was OK!

As expected, the 1.6 cab works fine (and is now saved as my default set up cab)

Cheers

C.

Glad you got it sorted. Just trying to think of things to put in a v1.7.........

Guest Sean Saunders

Hi there,

I am having a problem installing the CAB using CabViaActivesync, and also by putting the cab onto the phone...

The Message i am getting is that the install was unsuccessful because the cab was not digitally signed??

Any ideas how to get around this problem, i am using WM6 Pro on a Flashed M3100!

I would appreciate any help on this, thank you!

EDIT - It would not install because a notification message was in the way of the option to accept the lack of a cert. Thanks anyway and i am a first class pillock!

Edited by Sean Saunders