SOS!!! Help needed with MPx220 fuse!!

Guest Marton

Guest Marton

My MPx-220 stopped charging and I saw this website:

http://www.schoeppl.info/en/electronic/mot...ge-anymore.aspx

With info about how to fix it. I measured the fuse on my phone and it was bad. I tried to unsolder it and when I did, the fuse ripped off on one end taking the trace with it. Now I don't know where it should go!! Can somebody please tell me? I don't want to lose it!!

Please look at the attached picture to know what I'm talking about.....

Does it go to the small capacitors on its right or somewhere else??

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Many thanks in advance!!

post-104169-1184810106_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ihaveabu

i'm having this problem too. my phone won't charge!?!?!?

how did u fix it? i took it apart and i'm trying to figure out the part you're talking about. is it the little dot thing with the F on it?

• 1 month later...

i'm having this problem too. my phone won't charge!?!?!?

how did u fix it? i took it apart and i'm trying to figure out the part you're talking about. is it the little dot thing with the F on it?

MPX220 Charging Problems:

I have found out that there are 3 different causes

1. Mechanical

Check if th epower connector (3 pins at the CE connector) is not loose.

If it is loose do the following procedure:

A: Procedure to remove the back cover.

Remove battery cover

Remove SIM card

Remove the 6 screws securing the back cover (the 2 top screws are covered)

Carefully remove the back cover

Then Inspect pin soldering

Use a small soldering iron to fix any possible contact problem

If the connector became loose, use Loctite to secure to the main body of the connector. In order to make it at the right position plug the USB cable. Be sure not to glue the USB connector.

2. Fuse

Follow procedure A to remove cover

Check the component marked as "F" close to the power connector at the main board of the phone.

If it is open, replace it o solder a jumper over the fuse to test if the phone charges.

3. Pin number 2 of the power connector.

There is a design problem (I guess) using OEM or 3rd party chargers.

Looking at the power connector on the phone starting from left to right you will see the 3 pins for power and charging.

Pin 1 is ground

Pin 2 is charge voltage Testing

Pin 3 +5v

Chargers use a 33k or a 25k resistors in between pin 1 and 2.

Some chargers start charging and after around a minute finish charging or do not charge at all.

I suppose that is because of the sensing pin and the 33k resistor.

In this case I put together Pin 1 and 2 on the main board or you can do it on the charger.

These were my findings. Perhaps somebody knows better about the functioning of the charging circuit and can provide a better explanation. This worked out for me.

Looking at the power connector on the phone starting from left to right you will see the 3 pins for power and charging.

Pin 1 is ground

Pin 2 is charge voltage Testing

Pin 3 +5v

Chargers use a 33k or a 25k resistors in between pin 1 and 2.

Some chargers start charging and after around a minute finish charging or do not charge at all.

I suppose that is because of the sensing pin and the 33k resistor.

In this case I put together Pin 1 and 2 on the main board or you can do it on the charger.

These were my findings. Perhaps somebody knows better about the functioning of the charging circuit and can provide a better explanation. This worked out for me.

No! Do NOT wire pins 1 and 2 together! This will fry your battery! The 2nd pin is a low-voltage trickle charge. Once your phone is fully charged it will switch from using pin 3 for a + voltage to pin 2 to continually trickly charge at a slow rate if the phone is on. If you wire any of these together you'll fry something, either the charger or your phone/battery.

When I repaired mine, the middle pin was completely broken off and missing. They were too small with the tools I had to re-attach a new pin so I left it out and just re-soldered the 2 on the ends. Now when my phone is fully charged it, the "plugged in" icon changed back to a battery icon and it starts to run off of the battery until I unplug it and plug it back in. No big deal for me as long as it charges I'm happy...