Is it possible to play ngage games on the Dash?

Guest ndiguy5

Guest mikeeey
(sorry).

if anything it would have to be on a Vertical QVGA screen, being that the Ngage has a vertical screen. all i know is it's not possible, i dont know why.

i dont know why people cant port the N-gage hardware? as they do with emulators? like SNES?

could someone answer that? whats the different between porting the N-gages hardware and porting the hardware you find inside a super nintendo?

Guest nothin
if anything it would have to be on a Vertical QVGA screen, being that the Ngage has a vertical screen. all i know is it's not possible, i dont know why.

i dont know why people cant port the N-gage hardware? as they do with emulators? like SNES?

could someone answer that? whats the different between porting the N-gages hardware and porting the hardware you find inside a super nintendo?

heh.. just look how really snes emu works on these little sad machines now...

minimum imo is 400 mhz xscale with NORMAL screen.

one more thing.. you want to port OS too?

Guest mikeeey
heh.. just look how really snes emu works on these little sad machines now...

minimum imo is 400 mhz xscale with NORMAL screen.

one more thing.. you want to port OS too?

well do you really think the OS should even need to be ported? i mean its more of trying to make the .sis extension compatible. it would just be a program that plays .sis files. i suppose you could think of it like pocketSNES or something, but when instead it opens .sis files.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Pop2k

The .sis are just installer files, the actual executables end with .app and then there's a whole lot of other files too, including dll's.

What you're asking is the same as asking "why can't we just play Windows games on Mac?"

Two systems speaking two different languages and built to communicate with different hardware (yes, not the case with Mac's no more, I know).

So I guess it wouldn't be nearly as "simple" as emulating a console, for what would be needed is either emulating Symbian OS 60 2nd edition or de- and recompiling the games for WinMo.

Not saying it aint possible. But there's probably too few (of us) who'd like to get back to playing their good old N-Gage games (without having to deal with the N-Gage) than that the emu coders would take it on.

Edited by Pop2k

Guest nothin
The .sis are just installer files, the actual executables end with .app and then there's a whole lot of other files too, including dll's.

What you're asking is the same as asking "why can't we just play Windows games on Mac?"

Two systems speaking two different languages and built to communicate with different hardware (yes, not the case with Mac's no more, I know).

So I guess it wouldn't be nearly as "simple" as emulating a console, for what would be needed is either emulating Symbian OS 60 2nd edition or de- and recompiling the games for WinMo.

Not saying it aint possible. But there's probably too few (of us) who'd like to get back to playing their good old N-Gage games (without having to deal with the N-Gage) than that the emu coders would take it on.

Amen.

Guest mikeeey
Amen.

it all makes sense now. thats why nothin was talkin about emulating the entire OS. well in that case, im sure it is possible, someone would just need to take a lot of time to do it, and have a fast powerful device. and make sure that device's joystick is either 9-way or supports multiple direction pushes.