I600 and Bluetooth DUN

Guest MacPad

Guest MacPad

Hi all,

I have search the net and forum but can't find anyway of enabling bluetooth DUN for the I600.

Have I missed something or is it just not possible, MS are saying that it is up to the OEM whether to include it or not, but as yet I have not heard of any one who has it working.

I understand that WM6 will have it 're-enabled' but I am getting bored waiting for WM6 and don't really want to buy a third party BT card just in case WM6 does come out in the near future.

Any ideas or have I missed the post/web page that helps me out......

Paddy

Guest MacPad
there was some patch for it available, but i can't find it :P

i'm searching for it too...

Hi bsider

Let me know if you find it, I let you know if I find anything :)

Thanks for your reply

Paddy

Edited by MacPad

Guest MacPad
Are you just trying to pair the i600 with a laptop as a modem? I have that working between my i600 and my Mac Powerbook.

Hi Alsicole,

I am trying to get it to work with a Tomtom 910, the handsfree works fine, so long as the phone is not keyboard locked when you make calls, but I can't download my contacts or use the phone to download traffic and speed camera info over GPRS/G3. I still can't believe that MS crippled WM5 by taking DUN out (or giving the option to), as nearly all devices for a car need DUN to be fully functional.

I understand that the internet sharing option is faster (is this how you connected?), but how many devices other than PC are able to use this option?

Thanks for your reply

Paddy

Guest Alsicole

Ah, I see. I haven't tried this with my Blackjack as my TomTom is on my old Treo. I just keep a PAYG sim card in there for Traffic updates.

I am using the Bluetooth PAN Internet Sharing option for my laptop.

Guest MacPad
Ah, I see. I haven't tried this with my Blackjack as my TomTom is on my old Treo. I just keep a PAYG sim card in there for Traffic updates.

I am using the Bluetooth PAN Internet Sharing option for my laptop.

Hi Alsicole,

The PAN thingy is what MS decided is better for us :), to be fair it is supposed to be faster, but I still don't see how it is better to have a fast internet connection to just a PC and at the same time stop full access all those useful gadgets that we all have spent lots of money on.

MS have actually said they made a mistake by giving the opt out option, but as per usual they can't just put it back.....

See here for a lot of pissed off people and more details

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archiv...etooth-dun.aspx

So I think all I can say is 'Come on Samsung release WM6 as soon as you can, please"

laters

Paddy