How to change the caller id / incoming call screen?

Guest kwoodall

Guest kwoodall

I would like to change the layout and size of the photo on the caller id/incoming call screen.

I've seen Photo Contacts Pro - not interested. I just want to use the regular contacts system but have a better incoming call screen. At least a larger photo. This can't be that hard of a hack eh?

Kermit

Guest kwoodall
er yeah good luck with that one....

Yeah, I read around the forums here and see that this issue has been a hot button for some time. However it's obvious from IA_Style, Smartface and others that there's no technical reason it can't be done, it's just the in the past everyone was rolling their own database of pix to do it. Now that the pix are part of a MS solution including in WM5/6 that can be handled there and the rest is easy. Yeah right. :)

Ideally I'd like to see this work like the rest of the system - make a program to pass control of the incoming/outgoing caller display to a new module but use XML to handle the layout so you can do simple things like offering a larger image with the display otherwise similar, to doing a complete photo over the entire display ala' iPhone.

Ah well, a man can dream can't he? A man can dream...

KW