Should I buy an i-mate SP5?

Hi all,

I am being offered a second hand i-mate SP5 for €150 and would like to have your views on whether it's a good buy.

I am looking to find a replacement for my Qtek 8020/i-mate SP3i which died on me. I had customised it completely and was generally pleased to use it in spite of the usual problems with the joystick and keys, and was particularly pleased that the OS was almost as stable as that of a Nokia in spite of all my customisations.

The looks of the SP5 do not seem to be as nice as those of the SP3i, and the buttons seem to be smaller still, are they? The main attraction for me is that it should be pretty much what I was used to but then with wifi added. Does wifi actually work to connect to a home network? Is the SP5 reliable? Etcetera...

In short, if you have one would you recommend that I buy a second hand or would you say it's better to get another used smartphone or to double the amount and go for a new HTC?

Thanks in advance for your input!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest duke_stix

ive not had a single problem with the joystick yet! the sp3i joystick was crap i must admit.

buy it and go over to xda-developers and use the new wm6 rom!