8525 Hermes connectivity issue

Guest chasdl

Guest chasdl

Hi Folks,

The connectivity on my new 8525, that is, the number of bars I have, is about half of what I had with my previous phone, a Cingular 2125. At my office, for example, I never have more than two bars with the 8525, when I never had less than 4 (the max number) with the 2125. Since it chronically operates in the 1 to 2 bar range, the 8525 has dropped several calls in the few weeks that I've had it. This is my main complaint with this phone.

Geezzz... I wish there was a cure for this. I like the phone very much otherwise....

Best...

Guest Dr Puttingham
Hi Folks,

The connectivity on my new 8525, that is, the number of bars I have, is about half of what I had with my previous phone, a Cingular 2125. At my office, for example, I never have more than two bars with the 8525, when I never had less than 4 (the max number) with the 2125. Since it chronically operates in the 1 to 2 bar range, the 8525 has dropped several calls in the few weeks that I've had it. This is my main complaint with this phone.

Geezzz... I wish there was a cure for this. I like the phone very much otherwise....

Best...

Your ROM and Radio version would help. Also your general whereabouts.. My 8525 seems to have the same signal strength as my 8125. I've found that here in South Florida the 1.40 radio seems to works the best for those of us on "the new at&t"..

Guest nuttyphilt

You have to remember that the 2125 is a 2G phone whereas the 8525 is 3G. You probably used to get a full strength 2G signal but your new phone will only get a marginal 3G signal in your area. If you wanted to, you could force the 8525 onto 2G only by going to Start/Settings/Phone/Band then select 'GSM' in the network type. Obviously you'll lose the benefits of 3G by doing this though but it might help with the dropped calls...

• 2 weeks later...