Argh Please Help

Guest jpsmythe

Guest jpsmythe

Hello, my first post but I have read the forums quite a bit int he past and it has been very usefull!!

Ok I have the T Mobile version on the phone, I upgraded to WM6 Black around a month ago I think, everything went smoothly and it has been fantastic, much better than WM6 i find it both faster and more stable.

However as of Tuesday this week for some random reason hardly any of my calls are coming through, most people that call me get sent straigh to answer phone. If I phone out it fails the first time as if there is no signal but then when i try again it seems to work, and then while I am on the phone all the missed call messages come through and voicemails! It is quite strange.

I have done nothing to the phone this week and the only thing I have done in the past 2 weeks is add the mms settings to the phone.

The radio version is 1.41 and the rom version says Black-IV-Shadow version date 05/10/07

I am considering changing the rodio version to 1.43 and maybe even reinstalling the rom. But i thought id ask here if here first incase anyone know why this maybe happening and if there is a simple fix

thanks in advance

Guest mjaaron
Hello, my first post but I have read the forums quite a bit int he past and it has been very usefull!!

Ok I have the T Mobile version on the phone, I upgraded to WM6 Black around a month ago I think, everything went smoothly and it has been fantastic, much better than WM6 i find it both faster and more stable.

However as of Tuesday this week for some random reason hardly any of my calls are coming through, most people that call me get sent straigh to answer phone. If I phone out it fails the first time as if there is no signal but then when i try again it seems to work, and then while I am on the phone all the missed call messages come through and voicemails! It is quite strange.

I have done nothing to the phone this week and the only thing I have done in the past 2 weeks is add the mms settings to the phone.

The radio version is 1.41 and the rom version says Black-IV-Shadow version date 05/10/07

I am considering changing the rodio version to 1.43 and maybe even reinstalling the rom. But i thought id ask here if here first incase anyone know why this maybe happening and if there is a simple fix

thanks in advance

I had exactly the same problem a while ago (with standard shipped ROM and Radio etc) and when I contacted T-Mobile they blamed it on all sorts such as 3G problems on the network trying to route calls over 3G instead of GSM, a handset fault, a SIM fault etc etc. All in all, they had no idea...

In the end I got nowhere with them and took the plunge of re-flashing the Radio to a newer version which instantly fixed the problem. I am currently using 1.47 which seems the best for me so far although I haven't tried 1.50 yet.

HTH.

Guest jpsmythe
I had exactly the same problem a while ago (with standard shipped ROM and Radio etc) and when I contacted T-Mobile they blamed it on all sorts such as 3G problems on the network trying to route calls over 3G instead of GSM, a handset fault, a SIM fault etc etc. All in all, they had no idea...

In the end I got nowhere with them and took the plunge of re-flashing the Radio to a newer version which instantly fixed the problem. I am currently using 1.47 which seems the best for me so far although I haven't tried 1.50 yet.

HTH.

Ace cheers think i may aswell do that then.

I just did a hard reset too, the weird thing is that ever since i have had the phone and even since i flashed it to wm6 and the new radio it has been perfect. After i have just done the hard reset it still didnt work, but this time it showed now signal, so i wandered around the house and it picked up a signal and i maged to ring myself from the home phone. It maybe a one off and may not work in general wherever I am, but it seems a little odd that my office all of a sudden seems to provide no reception for my phone.

I dont suppose wifi or anything can affect the signal? or anything else that could provide interferance? Though I cant see it being wifi as its a completly different spectrum

Guest mjaaron
Ace cheers think i may aswell do that then.

I just did a hard reset too, the weird thing is that ever since i have had the phone and even since i flashed it to wm6 and the new radio it has been perfect. After i have just done the hard reset it still didnt work, but this time it showed now signal, so i wandered around the house and it picked up a signal and i maged to ring myself from the home phone. It maybe a one off and may not work in general wherever I am, but it seems a little odd that my office all of a sudden seems to provide no reception for my phone.

I dont suppose wifi or anything can affect the signal? or anything else that could provide interferance? Though I cant see it being wifi as its a completly different spectrum

TBH, I don't think anything is interfering with it. My phone used to be just sat on my desk in the same place day in day out. One day I got a voice mail notification and it all started from there. I worked over 50 miles from home and travelled through several different cities and it happened where ever it was, seeming to rule out any localised problem. I did soft resets, hard resets, T-Mobile sent out update messages, reset stuff at their end and nothing other flashing the radio cured it... It's as if the Radio on the handset had become corrupt somehow which only flashing could fix. Who knows...

Guest jpsmythe
TBH, I don't think anything is interfering with it. My phone used to be just sat on my desk in the same place day in day out. One day I got a voice mail notification and it all started from there. I worked over 50 miles from home and travelled through several different cities and it happened where ever it was, seeming to rule out any localised problem. I did soft resets, hard resets, T-Mobile sent out update messages, reset stuff at their end and nothing other flashing the radio cured it... It's as if the Radio on the handset had become corrupt somehow which only flashing could fix. Who knows...

Well Ill definatly flash the radio then sounds like the exact problem I am having. Think I will give 1.50 a bash.

Thanks for your help

Guest mjaaron
Well Ill definatly flash the radio then sounds like the exact problem I am having. Think I will give 1.50 a bash.

Thanks for your help

Let us all know how you find 1.50, I'm waiting for a few more reports, especially of battery life, before flashing myself. For some reason I have noticed no difference signal-wise between the 1.4x radios other than some seem to drain the battery down to about 20% by early afternoon whereas with 1.47 it is still showing around 50-60% by 10pm.

Guest jpsmythe
Let us all know how you find 1.50, I'm waiting for a few more reports, especially of battery life, before flashing myself. For some reason I have noticed no difference signal-wise between the 1.4x radios other than some seem to drain the battery down to about 20% by early afternoon whereas with 1.47 it is still showing around 50-60% by 10pm.

Well so far so good. Succesfully flashed to 1.5 which is good cos i always swear ill screw it up. I have 4 bars of reception and succesfully got through from my work phone. We shall see how long it lasts! Ill let you know how 1.5 is on the battery in a day or so.