HTC Kaiser roundup

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's been a while since i've posted a new news item on the HTC Kaiser, so I thought i'd post a roundup :)

There has been a LOT of discussion around the forthcoming super-device - my review topic has had over 100,000 reads - but I figured it'd be cool to extract some of the information into a topic of it's own. To discuss any of the below, please visit the review topic (I've locked this one to keep things tidy)!

Things you might have missed...

Who's offering it?

• The HTC P4550 variant Kaiser is likely to hit the ground in the first week of September, you will be able to preorder a special 'CamerAware Edition' deal via MoDaCo. The P4550's hardware has been finalised a while now, and the sofware is undergoing final tweaking.
  • The T-Mobile MDA Vario III variant is also likely to arrive in early September, again we will be offering a special preorder. The T-Mobile version has slightly different styling to the HTC version, it's rather more square around the keypad, much like the TyTN.
  • The Kaiser is definitely going to be offered by Vodafone, and probably by Orange, although whether the Orange offering will be SPV or HTC branded is unknown at this stage.
  • The Kaiser is definitely going to be offer by AT&T after the European launch, tentatively named the AT&T 8925, but there have been rumours it could be rebranded the 'AT&T Tilt' .

• The HTC build will include a lot of UI elements first seen on the Touch (the fancy touchscreen etc.), and it is also likely to include some 'TouchFlo' elements, allowing you to press and drag to scroll in applications. The full Touch UI won't be available (i.e. the gesture based menus), and the device won't have a reinforced screen like the Touch.
    • The P4550 includes Opera out of the box and also 'Worldcard Mobile', a business card reading application, i've posted the demo video below too! :P
    • Little is known about the other operator builds, although a quick look at a T-Mobile build reveals it is a much more generic offering, blessed (?!) with the same grey and pink UI we are all familiar with ;) The AT&T build will include all the familiar AT&T / Cingular add on applications.
    • Hope this is useful... head over to the review topic and get chatting :D

P