i600 Synching with Outlook 2003 via Bluetooth

Guest Jamcl

Guest Jamcl

Hi all, hope you can help as this is driving me up the wall...

I'm currently using a Samsung i600 (WM5) to sync with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP (SP2).

Using USB, this works a treat and I have no issues, however I've not once managed to Sync via Bluetooth.

I've tried using both the Microsoft Stack supplied with Windows and the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack - I've managed to use these fine for other Bluetooth applications.

I have set up an incoming COM port (COM8) in the Bluetooth software, and have allowed incoming connections via this in ActiveSync. I also have the devices paired. When selecting 'Connect via Bluetooth' ActiveSync on the phone either cannot open the port or cannot detect a BT enabled PC that supports ActiveSync! What am I doing wrong?

If someone could provide a step-by-step guide of how to set this up, or even any advice about alternative Bluetooth Stacks etc, I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks,

J

Guest CaptainPiracy

Make sure your device is set to be discoverable.

Settings --> Connections --> Bluetooth --> Check box for discoverable

~Captain

Guest Jamcl

Thanks for the reply - the device is set to discoverable, and I can pair the devices (and also transfer files between the two) with no problems. Like I said, if anyone on here has this working, could you provide me with a step-by-step guide to setting this up? Thanks for all your help!

Guest Jamcl

Got it working. I uninstalled both ActiveSync and the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, restarted my machine and deleted all pairings within Activesync on the phone. I then reinstalled ActiveSync (v4.5), and installed BlueSoleil (http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp?topic=bluesoleil_edr_en - great little application!). In BlueSoleil (with the bluetooth dongle inserted), check My Services>Properties, and note the port number for COM A - it was COM10 on mine. Make sure connections via this port are enabled in the ActiveSync connection settings. Now just select Connect Via Bluetooth on the phone's ActiveSync, and a partnership should be set up. Worked for me!

Guest wilson_pilson
Got it working. I uninstalled both ActiveSync and the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, restarted my machine and deleted all pairings within Activesync on the phone. I then reinstalled ActiveSync (v4.5), and installed BlueSoleil (http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp?topic=bluesoleil_edr_en - great little application!). In BlueSoleil (with the bluetooth dongle inserted), check My Services>Properties, and note the port number for COM A - it was COM10 on mine. Make sure connections via this port are enabled in the ActiveSync connection settings. Now just select Connect Via Bluetooth on the phone's ActiveSync, and a partnership should be set up. Worked for me!

Interesting Stuff. I was having a similar problem and this has helped a lot. :)

Guest X-Ray A4T

I finally got it working with Toshiba stack.

1. Set-up PC Bluetooth serial port (usually com 7)

2. Make sure you phone has synced via USB

3. Enable serial port sync in activesync on port 7

4. Make sure you delete any existing connections to you PC on the phone

5. Re-connect phone to PC with Activesync on, the serial port profile will now appear as an activesync profile when you pair your PC

6. Open activesync on phone and connect via bluetooth