Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest porkpie

Just realised that my contract is up for renewal. Trouble is, there's nothing available on Orange that I fancy (expect maybe the HTC Vox - but even then it not really suitable).

So, does anyone have any idea when the Kaiser will be out? I know September seems to be popping up, but is there anything more concrete than that?!

Sorry for being impatient!

Cheers,

Oli

Edited by porkpie

Guest GordonTGopher
Just realised that my contract is up for renewal. Trouble is, there's nothing available on Orange that I fancy (expect maybe the HTC Vox - but even then it not really suitable).

So, does anyone have any idea when the Kaiser will be out? I know September seems to be popping up, but is there anything more concrete than that?!

Sorry for being impatient!

Cheers,

Oli

Sorry, this is the news many here are waiting for but there are no official dates published, but Next month is looking good :)

Gordon

Guest porkpie

Great. I went into Orange in Chelmsford yesterday to have a look and ask about the Kaiser. After showing me the Touch (which is a sweet little device - although no keyboard which sucks) the guy didn't seem to have any idea about the Kaiser - that said, when I asked to see the Vox, the guy turned the handset on and started prodding the screen -it was only after about 5 attempts that he said 'oh, I don't think this has a touch screen'....!!! After that I kind of lost any hope that he'd have any 'insider' information!!!

Oli

Guest Paul (MVP)

There is no word either official or unofficial re: the Kaiser on Orange.

I imagine they WILL take it, either in a custom guise (as with handsets before), or as the HTC branded P4550.

Orange SPV M3200? Orange SPV M4000?

Who knows :)

P

Guest porkpie
There is no word either official or unofficial re: the Kaiser on Orange.

I imagine they WILL take it, either in a custom guise (as with handsets before), or as the HTC branded P4550.

Orange SPV M3200? Orange SPV M4000?

Who knows :)

P

I hope it will be as an HTC branded device - it saves so much time not having to unbrand the software!

Oli

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Last word i had from Orange is that it will be available this month, but they dont have any official day when the handset will be available.

This suggests to me that it will be available early September at the best :)

Guest SteveI

I've had this mail back from Orange Customer Services... Now either Customer Services don't know what phones are being released or its true and Orange will not be carrying the Kaiser.

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your mail regarding your phone enquiry.

We can confirm Orange do not have any current plans to released the HTC 4550 (Kaiser).

To view all phone information please visit the following link.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/mobile?WT.hplink=B1

We hope this will be helpful.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Orange Customer Services.

Guest porkpie
I've had this mail back from Orange Customer Services... Now either Customer Services don't know what phones are being released or its true and Orange will not be carrying the Kaiser.

I hope that they're just not very good at their jobs! Otherwise I'm at a loss at what to get!

Oli

Guest SteveI

So do I, I have been with orange for the last 10 years, however after looking in to there 3g data tarrifs, perhaps it is time for a change.

Guest jimmymc

When I emailed them and asked about it, they called me back the next day and said 'If we don't know about it, no-one would get the phone as Orange have exclusive rights to all HTC phones'..

?!?!??!

Guest SteveI
When I emailed them and asked about it, they called me back the next day and said 'If we don't know about it, no-one would get the phone as Orange have exclusive rights to all HTC phones'..

?!?!??!

You could always call them back and ask them if they have exclusive rights then how are HTC phones appearing on all major phone networks... I just wish that Orange Customer Services would take themselves out side, have a quiet word, engage in a group huddle, get there stories straight and come back with an answer... it seems that all you get from them is that particular agents opinion. But I would not expect anything else from Orange Customer Services, there level of service has been dropping quite steadily over the last few years, I actually remember a time when they helped you.

Guest Lucifax

It seems to be at a price around 700€ I found it at a Dutch webpage where it says that it will arrive shortly but what is shortly :) it could be a month two or what ever...

But I'm looking forward to its arrival... :P

Guest rickyburke
It seems to be at a price around 700€ I found it at a Dutch webpage where it says that it will arrive shortly but what is shortly :) it could be a month two or what ever...

But I'm looking forward to its arrival... :P

Well, with the cancellation of the I-Mate 7150, and the ongoing silence regarding the Omni, I think this device could be a decent stopgap for Universal owners who still havent got a superior device to move to. (even the Kaiser has a QVGA screen compared to the VGA on the Universal, and a slower processor)

Time to polish up the sweet talking then.........Free upgrade is the challenge. lol

Hehe sounds familiar; threaten to leave for sum completly obscure yet plausable reason.

I had this conversation with retentions last year, I did have my PUK code off them so it had some realism to it:

Me: "You arent carrying the phone I'm after, I'm after the (enter weird phone name)"

Orange: "Well you can have any of the ones we carry for free"

Me: "Well, okay then I'll settle for the M3100 (aka Hermes)"

However I think I was lucky, especially when I remember that I was only paying £25 a month back then.

I'm also due an upgrade, but gonna be waiting until the Kaiser is out. Just hoping its a tad slimmer than the Hermes.

Guest porkpie

I went into the Orange shop on Neal Street (London) today and was told by some helpful chap that the Kaiser will be available in DECEMBER!!! That said, I had to explain to him what make it was and what it did.

He was quite surprised when I brought out my M3100 running WM6!

Any ideas whether there's any fact behind his remark!?

Cheers,

Oli

Well most of the time you get a numpty and they say anything off the top of their head aslong as it makes u go away or put the phone down.

I spoke to Retentions today, the guy didnt know what the kaiser was, he didnt even know who HTC were. He also gave me the list of 'handsets in review' as orange calls it, and the only one on the list was the Touch that I think is worth mentioning. So my guess is that the Kaiser must be some way off (atleast a month or so).

The bloke also didnt know what data packages Orange were offering, he said I would need to speak to that department LOL.

Guest porkpie
He also gave me the list of 'handsets in review' as orange calls it, and the only one on the list was the Touch that I think is worth mentioning. So my guess is that the Kaiser must be some way off (atleast a month or so).

The Touch is already in stores (I had a play with one today) so I'm guessing his list is somewhat behind the times!

Will it ever come!?!

Oli

The Touch is already in stores (I had a play with one today) so I'm guessing his list is somewhat behind the times!

Well it's not listed on their website. So this could be when the internet/call centre sales centre (via 150 or website) start selling the touch. Has the consensus changed since I last upgraded; do retail stores recieve new handsets before the online/call centres do???

It use to be that retail stores could be up to month or more behind releasing new handsets compared to that of the net/call centres.

If so, I best see what my local store has to say. TBH I have always found Orange retail store staff to be useless, even more so than that of the call centre teams. Which is one of the reasons why I have previously preffered to upgrade via 150, using the call centres.

Edited by Helix

Guest porkpie

I see that the Touch is now on the Orange site.

Just phoned up CS about the TyTN II - they still have no information. Hopefully though with the Vario III surfacing, it should be too long.

GRRR!

Oli

Guest m3100tony

Have spoken to Orange (upgrades and dicsonnections) and spoken with 3 people. Only one had actually heard of the Kaiser / TyTn II and actually knew what it was, and he, and the other 2 said orange will defo NOT be getting this phone. This seems to stack up against what the orange emails above have said.

However just seen this "news" item.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-TyTN-II...nch-63992.shtml

I really wish orange would sort out their act otherwise I am going to T-mobile on 15th September.

However the t-mobile data deal is not as good as the orange one I have - £8/month for unlimited (1Gb fair use) and I frequently use it for VOIP / Skype video and as a bluetooth modem with my laptop. I understand that if want to do all that on the T-molbile (i.e. Skype and voice over net) you have to pay way more than the £7.50? (£22 odd?)

Any formal news on when and if the kaiser is coming?

Guest Rowdy.nl
Have spoken to Orange (upgrades and dicsonnections) and spoken with 3 people. Only one had actually heard of the Kaiser / TyTn II and actually knew what it was, and he, and the other 2 said orange will defo NOT be getting this phone. This seems to stack up against what the orange emails above have said.

However just seen this "news" item.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-TyTN-II...nch-63992.shtml

I really wish orange would sort out their act otherwise I am going to T-mobile on 15th September.

However the t-mobile data deal is not as good as the orange one I have - £8/month for unlimited (1Gb fair use) and I frequently use it for VOIP / Skype video and as a bluetooth modem with my laptop. I understand that if want to do all that on the T-molbile (i.e. Skype and voice over net) you have to pay way more than the £7.50? (£22 odd?)

Any formal news on when and if the kaiser is coming?

Orange is so crazy about those things eh...? M3000 (Wizard) not in UK, sold in NL. M3100 (TyTn) not in NL, sold in UK. Now the TyTn II (Kaiser) will be in Orange stores next week, but will it not be sold in the UK?

However, there are (at least in Holland) webshops that sell all (unbranded) phones with all plans. That offer from Modaco (discussed somewhere else on the forum) from Expansys, can't you take a plan for Orange from that website?