Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest m3100tony
Orange is so crazy about those things eh...? M3000 (Wizard) not in UK, sold in NL. M3100 (TyTn) not in NL, sold in UK. Now the TyTn II (Kaiser) will be in Orange stores next week, but will it not be sold in the UK?

However, there are (at least in Holland) webshops that sell all (unbranded) phones with all plans. That offer from Modaco (discussed somewhere else on the forum) from Expansys, can't you take a plan for Orange from that website?

Would normally expect a free new PDA phone every 9 months on a 12 month contract. don't want to buy one.

Guest m3100tony

Any orange news? Data / Upgrades / Retentions / CS still all denying knowledge of this phone! (yes I have seen and told them about the press release from the VP of Business services!)

Guest RussellH

Been waiting patiently for Orange to release the Kaiser myself. Been checking back periodically to see if there's any more news. Just found this on the HTC website. Apologies if this has been mentioned before:-

"Orange is launching the HTC TyTN II across its European footprint in a phased roll-out from the end of September. The HTC TyTN II is the latest addition to Orange's unique range of Signature devices and offers a choice of email solutions, including Microsoft DirectPush on Windows Mobile 6. Combined with fast connectivity through Orange's WiFi, 3G+ (HSDPA), 3G and EDGE networks, the powerful HTC TyTN II provides a laptop-like experience on a mobile device for users who want access to work information from any location in the world.

Philippe Bernard, Executive VP, Business Solutions, Orange, agrees that the HTC TyTN II is ideal for people who need constant and reliable access to Internet and business applications. Bernard says, "Many of our business customers demand a 'virtual office' experience that includes the ability to access everyday business applications, as well as email. The email-friendly form factor and ability to connect to our mobile broadband networks makes the HTC TyTN II the must-have device for our business users."

Orange's version of the device will feature the unique Signature Series homescreen, which provides personalised, one-click access to business applications. Orange will first launch the device in the UK, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands, followed by Spain, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in early October. "

Best wishes,

Russell

Guest m3100tony
Been waiting patiently for Orange to release the Kaiser myself. Been checking back periodically to see if there's any more news. Just found this on the HTC website. Apologies if this has been mentioned before:-

"Orange is launching the HTC TyTN II across its European footprint in a phased roll-out from the end of September. The HTC TyTN II is the latest addition to Orange's unique range of Signature devices and offers a choice of email solutions, including Microsoft DirectPush on Windows Mobile 6. Combined with fast connectivity through Orange's WiFi, 3G+ (HSDPA), 3G and EDGE networks, the powerful HTC TyTN II provides a laptop-like experience on a mobile device for users who want access to work information from any location in the world.

Philippe Bernard, Executive VP, Business Solutions, Orange, agrees that the HTC TyTN II is ideal for people who need constant and reliable access to Internet and business applications. Bernard says, "Many of our business customers demand a 'virtual office' experience that includes the ability to access everyday business applications, as well as email. The email-friendly form factor and ability to connect to our mobile broadband networks makes the HTC TyTN II the must-have device for our business users."

Orange's version of the device will feature the unique Signature Series homescreen, which provides personalised, one-click access to business applications. Orange will first launch the device in the UK, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands, followed by Spain, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in early October. "

Best wishes,

Russell

Hi Russel,

Had seen that too... and had in fact read out the quote of Phillipe Bernard to CS who were still adamant orange are not getting the TYTN 2. Unless they pull off a mircale they will not get this phone before T-mobile who are due to have in on the shelves on 8th Sept.

Guest davidjtaylor
Hi Russel,

Had seen that too... and had in fact read out the quote of Phillipe Bernard to CS who were still adamant orange are not getting the TYTN 2. Unless they pull off a mircale they will not get this phone before T-mobile who are due to have in on the shelves on 8th Sept.

Where did you find out that Tmobile were releasing the vario3 on the 8th of september, i thought the press release said the begining of october. i do hope your right though!!! d

Guest m3100tony
HI GUYS,

latest update is that it will be released in early October

Is this from orange. If so where!? Anyone on an official waiting list yet or been offered upgrades ect?

Guest Malt_Vinegar
Is this from orange. If so where!? Anyone on an official waiting list yet or been offered upgrades ect?

Well, i just got a phone call from Orange... They informed me that i was due for upgrade/renewal and i said i was waiting for the new HTC device, to which he replied "The touch?"

I spent 10 minutes on hold whilst he tried to find the Kaiser, they cant find it, and have no plans to stock that device. I then said I would be looking to change network at renewal because of this. (This is when they usually jump, as i am a heavy long term user £100 a month for about 7 years now)

They said they would put a note on my account i would have to give them a months notice to stop the automatic renewal, does this sound correct???

Guest m3100tony
Well, i just got a phone call from Orange... They informed me that i was due for upgrade/renewal and i said i was waiting for the new HTC device, to which he replied "The touch?"

I spent 10 minutes on hold whilst he tried to find the Kaiser, they cant find it, and have no plans to stock that device. I then said I would be looking to change network at renewal because of this. (This is when they usually jump, as i am a heavy long term user £100 a month for about 7 years now)

They said they would put a note on my account i would have to give them a months notice to stop the automatic renewal, does this sound correct???

This is exactly what I have been hearing from orange too. Despite press releases with Orange Business VP claiming to getting the device, everyone at the ground level appears to not know anything about it. I will be going to T-mobile if they don't sort their act out (#100/month since 1993).

Guest Malt_Vinegar
This is exactly what I have been hearing from orange too. Despite press releases with Orange Business VP claiming to getting the device, everyone at the ground level appears to not know anything about it. I will be going to T-mobile if they don't sort their act out (#100/month since 1993).

Such a shame..

Which networks do we know for sure are going to stock the Kaiser??

I need to know so i can start to make enquiries about changing over before my contract expires, i dont want any downtime! ;)

Guest Samuran

Well I've just made two calls to Orange.

1st was to normal CS and I asked about the Kaiser/Tytn2/next phone in the m3100 style/range. Basically they told me I was talking about the Touch... and there isnt any other phone coming soon which matches my description, so I said thanks and goodbye.

Then I phoned retentions.

I suppose I should say that at least this guy knew which phone I was talking about and he actually said that even tho there has been a few press releases leaked on the internet recently orange have no plans to release this hand set in the next couple of months. He said he would take a note of my number and call me back in the next couple of days if he heard anything. I told him not to bother.

Anyone got the T-Mobile CS number so I can drill them? Maybe I'll have more luck seeing as I'm not a customer of theirs!

Cheers

Ben

Guest m3100tony

AN OPEN LETTER TO ORANGE (sent via email to Philippe Bernard, Executive Vice President, Orange Business Solutions)

Dear Mr. Bernard

In a recent press release (http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/press/HTC_TyTN_II_en_FINAL.pdf) you confirm the TYTN 2 is coming to Orange in the UK and is being rolled out to the rest of Europe. As a customer of Orange for the last 13 years, I have spoken to numerous people within your organisation (including customer services, customer relations [disconnections], upgrades and data support) - all have categorically denied the TYTN 2 (or HTC Kaiser) is coming to Orange UK. Nor is TYTN 2 mentioned on the Orange website as an upcoming phone.

It is highly disappointing that even when provided with the details of your press release (of 28th August 2007), your staff do not posses the knowledge or inclination to try and retain a customer over this very simple issue. Why do consumers have to do the chasing with Orange?

I would be grateful if you confirm if and when the TYTN is coming to Orange UK, and could pass on my comments about the unhelpful nature of your call centre staff to the relevant departmental heads.

Thanking you in advance of your co-operation,

Yours sincerely,

x

Guest Samuran

Yours sincerely,

x

HAHAHA so favours of a xxxing kind get results from Orange eh?

Be sure to keep us informed if you get a reply on this one, I hope you do but somehow feel like its a false hope.

Maybe we should try and get a petition going...?

Cheers

Ben

Guest Malt_Vinegar
AN OPEN LETTER TO ORANGE

I would love to do a similar letter, where did you get your contact details from?

I had great results a long time ago when i contacted the exectutive office about problems i had with getting my second battery for my old M5000.

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Guest m3100tony
I would love to do a similar letter, where did you get your contact details from?

I had great results a long time ago when i contacted the exectutive office about problems i had with getting my second battery for my old M5000.

Neither of these bounced back: [email protected], [email protected]

Both of these bounced back: [email protected],[email protected]

Be sure to cut and paste both the letter, and response, here!

Guest Samuran

I know this is now a little off topic but I found a number for T-Mob and called them, the call was answered right away with no waiting at all.

The bloke I spoke to was very helpful and knew what handset I was inquiring about right away. He told me that the vario III will be released at the end of them month.

Cheers

Ben

Guest m3100tony
I know this is now a little off topic but I found a number for T-Mob and called them, the call was answered right away with no waiting at all.

The bloke I spoke to was very helpful and knew what handset I was inquiring about right away. He told me that the vario III will be released at the end of them month.

Cheers

Ben

It's very on topic. I went into a T-mobile shop. Both the assistants knew, and were excited about Kaiser. They werre well informed, and knowledgable. Next door, the orange shop had pretty girls who were absolutely clueless. Insisting I wanted the Touch - err No!

I think it may be time to move, at last, from Orange (since 1994).

Guest m3100tony
AN OPEN LETTER TO ORANGE (sent via email to Philippe Bernard, Executive Vice President, Orange Business Solutions)

Dear Mr. Bernard

In a recent press release (http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/press/HTC_TyTN_II_en_FINAL.pdf) you confirm the TYTN 2 is coming to Orange in the UK and is being rolled out to the rest of Europe. As a customer of Orange for the last 13 years, I have spoken to numerous people within your organisation (including customer services, customer relations [disconnections], upgrades and data support) - all have categorically denied the TYTN 2 (or HTC Kaiser) is coming to Orange UK. Nor is TYTN 2 mentioned on the Orange website as an upcoming phone.

It is highly disappointing that even when provided with the details of your press release (of 28th August 2007), your staff do not posses the knowledge or inclination to try and retain a customer over this very simple issue. Why do consumers have to do the chasing with Orange?

I would be grateful if you confirm if and when the TYTN is coming to Orange UK, and could pass on my comments about the unhelpful nature of your call centre staff to the relevant departmental heads.

Yours sincerely,

x

No response yet........

Guest m3100tony

Dear Mr. Bernard

Yours sincerely,

x

Still no response. Come on orange, sort it out.

Guest zippy172

Well, I'm with Orange, have been since year dot. Upgraded to my current N80 17 months ago, so having been stuck in this contract for what seems like forever, Orange will be bending over backwards to retain me.

I spoke to some jolly helpful chap called Mark in disconnections (the ONLY people you should talk to about upgrading your handset IMHO) extension 27633. As my billing date is the 15th, today being the 11th, all he could advise I do is call back at the weekend. However, he didn't dismiss the idea of the TyTN II coming to Orange. He said the handset was in "review", and wouldn't be pushed to provide any additional information. That said, come the 15th I'll be calling him back to see what he can do ;)

Guest m3100tony
Saw this while I was surfing about -

http://www.powerupmobile.com/product-2-302.htm

Incase anyone is getting desperate!

Cheers

Ben

There are some pretty god deals there....

http://www.powerupmobile.com/tariff_detail...02-38--2980.htm

18 month contracts, Flext 35 and Web n Walk = 35+7.50 / month with the phone for 30 quid! That ain't bad at all!

I see orange disappearing from the horizon FAST! Especially if I can get 3G coverage at home (waiting for a pay as you sim to try it out).

And a confirmed date of 30th September.... MIGHTY TEMPTING!

It's very on topic. I went into a T-mobile shop. Both the assistants knew, and were excited about Kaiser. They werre well informed, and knowledgable. Next door, the orange shop had pretty girls who were absolutely clueless. Insisting I wanted the Touch - err No!

I think it may be time to move, at last, from Orange (since 1994).

This is just the luck of the draw with concerns as to how useful the retail shop staff are, regardless of whether they are Orange/O2. Last Monday (10th) I decided to walk into the O2 shop and find out if the retail stores had maybe more information on the Vario III, and any possible release dates etc. I was greated by three 'pretty' well dressed female staff members, all of which had no idea what I was on about when asked of if they knew any release information. I recieved the usual suggestion of check the website.

I've found that retail shop staff, regardless of operator, are completly useless. The staff are hired for their pure sales ability/experience and not their product knowledge. And it appears not much product knowledge based training occurs either.

I just had a play with a HTC Kaiser that a mate of mine bought from expansys. Put my Orange 3G sim in and it worked a treat, HSDPA with TOM & TMC.

Good news is when my M3100 wouldn't support Line 2 on Orange the Kaiser does!

Very nice bit of kit - bring it on Orange! We need it.

Guest m3100tony

Any news here - are orange ever getting this phone.

Funny the press release says Orange will be first. The phone is out on Voda UK, and imminent and publicly announced on T-Mobile. Hardly an orange "first".

Come on orange, sort it out.