Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest chilledatthebottom

Fair to say, Orange management clearly have rocks in their heads...

Though, it would be really really nice for O customers to get a useful data tariff to exploit the TyTN II to the fullest.

Guest Sten2005
10 TIMES THE PRICE OF T-MOBILE!?

So it seems. Though the Flexible Data 45 plan seems identical but is 'only' 6 times the price !

I keep hearing stories of an "Orange World Unlimited" tariff at £8 per month and a "Monthly Anytime Browsing" tariff but I can't find any details on these.

Guest Confucious

A few people did get OWU for £8pm which is great. But I still prefer T. If you can get T coverage where you want it everything else about them just show O up for the rubbish they now are.

Edited by Confucious

Been viewing topic for a while, considering jumping ship to T mobile also but have a LOT of layalt built with orange so if i stay its worth the £. ANyway, went into Aylesbury orange shop this lunchtime and met a very knowledgeable chap. straight away he knew the phone i was talking about and then handed me the dummy model of the kaiser. Still had HTC logo on, but he said that they were testing and he had been told the AIM is for end of October launch. Having felt the dummy in my hands, i am sure it wont failt esting so i shall be sticking with orange for the moment (maybe until their slow rollout of a Tytn III?). STyle was nice but dont know if orange will change that at all. weight was good, and the screen flip is pretty funky. Bring on end of October...

Guest Sten2005
Now let's hope Orange sort out some nice data plans and I'll stay with them instead of moving to T-Mobile. They have 20 days in which to do so.

I hope so too.

I've just got pricing for a deal from both Orange and T-Mobile for 4 phones (including Kaiser).

For phones, call package, texts, insurance, and data T-Mobile costs over 3 times as much as Orange.

But Orange is a measly 80mb of data shared between the 4 phones, whereas T-Mobile is WnW Plus unlimited (1Gb) on each.

Guest SkUk21
AN OPEN LETTER TO ORANGE (sent via email to Philippe Bernard, Executive Vice President, Orange Business Solutions)

Dear Mr. Bernard

x

lol but Philippe Bernard doesnt exist, its actually BERNARD GHILLEBEART!

Well what did it look like? Was it similar to the unbranded HTC one or was it grey fronted and looked more like the T-Mobile release?

I would leave orange and go with T-mobile the're on the ball and look after customers, also with web and walk i never worry what my phone is downloading data wise as it's all free ;)

35.00 per month and 80.00 seems the goign rate.... it's a shame i can only upgrade in few otherwise i would have saved £480.00 on the HTC from expansys.

Guest brownbottle

I guess lots of people have seen the latest magazine in the Orange shops which includes the HTC TyTn II?

Anyway, I thought I'd ask the guy in the Orange shop about the release date, etc. No specifics but they did say that it would probably be the middle of the month and therefore confirms the 15th that someone previously mentioned.

At the same time I did ask about the data packages. These are to change as of the 1st of November, and include a 3GB fair usage plan for £25. Not quite the 10GB from T-Mobile but better than nothing. Might wait till then to get a good bundle/upgrade offer.

Paul

Guest chilledatthebottom

25 sods a month is still a lot of moolah on top on any talk/text tarriff... It'll be interesting to see what the take it up is like on that...

Guest gavboy
25 sods a month is still a lot of moolah on top on any talk/text tarriff... It'll be interesting to see what the take it up is like on that...

25 quid a month!?! They might as well call it the 'Please move to T-Mobile' data tariff.

Just been into the Canary Wharf Orange shop. They showed me the dummy model which looked pretty nice. They said it would be about in one or two weeks.

Guest Sideburnt

im really pleased that the Tytn II is finally confirmed, although its pretty dumbfounding that an entire department was working on this device in testing and not hardly one iota of information was passed to field force or telephone services.

I rang up Orange and apparently I've got 3 more months on my current contract which is a lot more than I thought. Anyone know how much an upgrade is when still wrapped up in a contract?

Im thinking of threatening to buy myself out of my contract with some spiel about how I can get the handset free from T mobile, and its worth the cost of cancelling the contract. They might bite and give me a free or diminished cost upgrade beforehand. worth a whirl I reckon.

Guest chilledatthebottom

You have to be in the last two months of your contract before Orange will move on upgrading your handset.

As for buying out of your contract, that is possible, and you'll end up buying a handset from T-Mobile on an 18mth "Flext35 with W'n'W" contract for around 70 quid.

Edited by chilledatthebottom

Guest jimbouk

You can upgrade at any time. The only issue is if there's an upgrade fee. Worse case scenario is a £50 upgrade fee.

I am only 12.5 months into an 18 month contract and have been told I can upgrade for free when the handset is available... makes sense really as they get me for another 18 months instead of another 5.5 months.

Guest professorib

Just heard today Orange accepting orders for Kaiser

£300 for either upgrade or new contract

Being ordered through work tomorrow

Expected delivery one week

Expensive but hey - work is paying ;) !

Just heard today Orange accepting orders for Kaiser

£300 for either upgrade or new contract

Being ordered through work tomorrow

Expected delivery one week

Expensive but hey - work is paying ;) !

Just rang retentions and they said its not been released yet??? However its supposedly in last stages of review. Has anyone managed to order one yet?

Guest unclesomebody
You can upgrade at any time. The only issue is if there's an upgrade fee. Worse case scenario is a £50 upgrade fee.

I am only 12.5 months into an 18 month contract and have been told I can upgrade for free when the handset is available... makes sense really as they get me for another 18 months instead of another 5.5 months.

This isn't true. Your upgrade free can range from £0 to £250. I was quoted an upgrade fee of £150 to get a new handset when I was 10 months into an 18month contract. Next month I am going to phone Orange and try to pay my outstanding line rental off in one go so I can port my number elsewhere.

Guest chilledatthebottom

Correctamondo... When I started ringing Orange up about this fabled "Orange to release the TyTN II first" fiasco, I was told I would be looking at £100 at least, and to call back later into my contract as the system would calculate another lower price for the handset.

This I remember also being true when I upgraded from my old SPV M500 to the Nokia N80 17 months ago.

Guest Sideburnt

Well I gave them the pitch that I was tempted to buy out my remaining contract and got told just now that If I wait to November when I hit the 10 month of 12 then I'll get a free upgrade, very promising. But I'll believe it when I order it though.

While I was on the blower, I thought I'd ask about ,matching WnW. Apparently they'll match the 3GB for £15.

She knew exactly what phone I was talking about, a real first, but she said it hadn't been released yet and that the 15th sounded like a good hedge bet for release.

so things are looking up, but perhaps I'll move provider when this next contract expiress, or the tytn III comes out ;))

While I was on the blower, I thought I'd ask about ,matching WnW. Apparently they'll match the 3GB for £15.

Do you know how they intend to match T-Mob's 3GB (WnW Plus) package? What did they call it etc etc? Any info on it would be good.

I would be extremely interested in this package as well.

Guest professorib
... Has anyone managed to order one yet?

As in previous post - ordered today and will be "the next one processed" - should be delivered [Royal Mail permitting ;) ] by end of next week. This was ordered though the Business Development section at Orange Business Services - maybe they are releasing to work/contract before the public release?

Anyway - one happy bunny here - will let you know when it arrives.

I

Guest Confucious

3Gb for £15? It's only £12.50 on T (except I still get my 25% discount) - but that's still excelent if you can get it.

O are releasing a 3Gb for £25 so maybe they will start price matching on data - in the past they have done so for voice and text but flatly refused when it comes to data.

Hopefully we will now see some real competition when it comes to data so all you poor so and sos who can't get T will be able to use your phones at last.

Me? i'll stick to T for theior excellent data prices, great flext plans and stunning CS - but when it comes to upgrate, who knows? If there is an alternative I will certainly look into it.

Guest professorib
As in previous post - ordered today and will be "the next one processed" - should be delivered [Royal Mail permitting ;) ] by end of next week. This was ordered though the Business Development section at Orange Business Services - maybe they are releasing to work/contract before the public release?

Anyway - one happy bunny here - will let you know when it arrives.

I

Oh bug*er - this is now on back order - available w/c 15th Oct to be exact

Ah well at least I have been promised that I will be one of the first in the UK to get this device and the handset will ship automatically from back order [Oooh yes and I believe that as well!!] :wub:

I suppose in one way it confirms that Orange won't have the phone until after the 15th Oct which ties up with what others have been saying about the launch date.

I'm new to Orange [moved jobs - last place had T-mobile - bug*er] and I have to say their business support could be a bit more "joined up". Having read stuff on this site and others about Orange that is probably a bit of an understatement.

I