General speed issues

Guest markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

OK, so I flashed with the Black Majik rom, and all is well, although my phone feels a little sluggish.

Other than try a different rom, what can I look at? What's an optimum amount of free storage memory for example?

It seems very fast in some operations, but slow during others, for example internet surfing over 3g using either PIE or Opera.

Apologies if there is a generic speed thread, but I couldn't find it :)

cheers!

Mark

Guest UndeadDevil

Black Majik was allways pretty slow compared to other ROM's and had more bugs than I could count.

You could try Black Satin as thats based on the Offical ROM. Otherwise there are many many more ROM's. (I personally recommend Schaps, Fastest ROM I've used, The Comm Mgr loads instantly!)

As you only mention surfing issues it could be your Radio causing the problem. What version have you got and what Network are you on?

Guest markdotpeters5

Thanks for the reply, my radio version is 1.41.00.10 and i'm on Tmobile. Is there a newer radio than that?

Could always try the radio if so, and then change the rom if not.

Guest crazyc
Thanks for the reply, my radio version is 1.41.00.10 and i'm on Tmobile. Is there a newer radio than that?

Radios now go all the way up to 1.50

Incidentally, never had any issues with Black Majik.

If you try Satin vs Schaps, remember to match the cache settings for a fair comparison.

Guest UndeadDevil

I remember seeing someone say 1.41 was bad on T-Mobile over on xda-dev, I found 1.43 and 1.48 to be the best on T-Mobile, although I never tried 1.41

Guest markdotpeters5

Ah OK, I may just try the radio upgrade too then, as I've changed the rom to Schaps and it is much faster, so thanks for that.

Browsing is infinitely better over wifi than 3g though, so I reckon the radio upgrade may well help.

I'll post the results!