So long 'HTC P4550', great to meet you 'TyTN II'? (and Vodafone V1615!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well whaddya know, just ahead of a planned HTC launch in the next week or so (so we hear), it looks like HTC may have decided to ditch the rather dull 'HTC P4550' name in favour of the marginally more exciting 'HTC TyTN II' moniker.

A number of what appear to be launch materials seem to have sprung up over at SmartMobileGadgets, and MoDaCo member 'Boudewijn_' has also just drawn my attention to this filing at the GCF (Globa; Certification Forum). This page reveals the existence of 'Vodafone1615/SFRv1615/Swisscom XPA1615/HTC TyTN II'... so it also serves as further confirmation that the Kaiser is coming to Vodafone, SFR in France and Swisscom in Switzerland (both Vodafone partner networks).

Sadly the GCF filing doesn't reveal any other new or interesting information (come on, we know EVERYTHING about the Kaiser already don't we?), but at least the long, long wait is nearing an end, and soon the most eagerly awaited Pocket PC Windows Mobile Professional device of all time will be upon us :)

I'll leave you with some excerpts from the aforementioned materials...

P

Ready for Business?

More powerful than anything you’ve seen before, the HTC TyTN II takes communications to the next level.

Communicating while on the move is a breeze with the ergonomic tilting design that positions the screen perfectly for reading and creating emails. The full range of wireless connectivity ensures you can roam anywhere in the world and still enjoy a high-speed internet connection. Important information is just a glance away with the HTC HomeTM screen – giving an instant view of email, calendar, messages, missed calls, dynamic weather updates and more. Staying connected means staying ahead. With a complete suite of Microsoft® Offi ce Mobile applications including Outlook®, Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint®, out of office doesn’t have to mean out of the loop. Always ready for business, the HTC TyTN II ensures you are too.

Highlights

• Do more on the move with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional - instant email, calendar and contacts synchronisation
  • Take your office with you – download, view and edit documents no matter where you are
  • Work in comfort with the unique tilting touch screen form factor
  • Find your way wherever you are with built-in GPS navigation
  • Enjoy super fast connectivity with 3G/HSDPA, GSM/GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 2.0

Key features

• Windows Mobile® 6
    • Tilted 2.8” 240*320 QVGA touch screen
    • Sliding QWERTY keyboard
    • 3 mega-pixel auto focus camera
    • HTC HomeTM menu screen
    • Tri-band UMTS with Quad-band GSM/GPRS/Edge
    • ROM 256MB and RAM 128MB
    • 360 degree 3 way jog wheel paired with OK button
    • microSDTM card slot
    • TouchFLOTM Technology
    • Important information at a glance

Get updated in an instant with HTC HomeTM showing you your email, messages, voicemails and more in an easy to use homescreen.

Take the office with you

Remove the need to go to the office with a complete suite of Microsoft Office Mobile applications including Outlook®, Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint®.

Super fast connectivity

Downloading is easy with the vast range of connectivity options including HDSPA at 3.6Mbps – giving you the fastest connection speeds no matter where you are.

Guest dexterstu

Paul, that article quoted suggests that the Kaiser has a TouchFloTM screen.

Is that correct, or are they referring to the software.

Guest gbothepro

hey paul,do you really think at&t is going to have the kaiser-TyTN II.Considering the phone includes a chipset that is import banned because of the Qualcomm/Broadcom lawsuit.

Guest Paul (MVP)

From what I understand manufacturers can tweak the operation of their devices so they don't use the function that is being infringed, but TBH, i'm no expert :)

P

hey paul,do you really think at&t is going to have the kaiser-TyTN II.Considering the phone includes a chipset that is import banned because of the Qualcomm/Broadcom lawsuit.

Guest botess

It is great to hear of all these impending releases, and I cannot wait to get my hands on one of these phones.

I am continually frustrated however, when I call up Vodafone for example, asking when the P4550/Kaiser/TyTn II/v1615 will be released, only for them to say "we have no idea about this phone, don't know if it will be released on Vodafone or if it exists... are you sure you got your facts right?"

I am concerned that nobody in Vodafone (and potentially other places) seem to have heard about this phone coming out in the next few weeks, particularly when their understanding is that they receive information about phones due to be rolled out on their network.

Does anyone have any (warm) thoughts on this one? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.