From Black to HTC WM6

Guest stengol

Guest stengol

Has anyone had any experience of upgrading (if you want to call it that) from a Black Rom to the HTC official version.

I am currently on Black windows mobile pro version 3.0 and wondered if there were any known issues.

All Info gratefully received

Stengol

Guest UndeadDevil
Has anyone had any experience of upgrading (if you want to call it that) from a Black Rom to the HTC official version.

I am currently on Black windows mobile pro version 3.0 and wondered if there were any known issues.

It should be fine but I don't think anyone still uses Black 3.0 so they haven't tested it. I know alot of people don't like the Europe Offical HTC ROM, most people seem to prefer the Dopod (Asia) one.

Guest jchamier
It should be fine but I don't think anyone still uses Black 3.0 so they haven't tested it. I know alot of people don't like the Europe Offical HTC ROM, most people seem to prefer the Dopod (Asia) one.

:-)

I didn't like the Europe HTC one as it doesn't have voicecommander, and has a very very very green look on the comm manager and dialpad, which I find hard to read outdoors. The HTC Asia/Dopod one has the blue look of WM5, which seems more 'normal'. Although there is less space, due to the pre-installed apps.

Guest jchamier
On the Dopod ROMs you can generally just remove stuff using the normal 'Remove Programs' option?

Yeah, you can, although not the "network config" icon in system, which is only usful in Asia & Australia (and good idea to take it out of startup!). The voice commander and QMark reader can be uninstalled though, if you want to.