I600 in trouble!

Guest whatever92

Guest whatever92

Hi guys,

I posted recently about whether I should change from a HTC Tytn to an I600 - well, I took the plunge a few days ago.

What can I say? I LOVE this phone. I can't believe what a complete POS the Tytn is in comparison. The I600 is almost everything I want in a smartphone - fast, sleek, well designed (I think it makes the HTCs look like a backyard job).

Just one problem - I think my shiny new I600 is pretty much screwed. Everything was going well until tonight.. I'm not sure what did it but the last thing I did was put on Resco's Pocket Radio. I played with that for a bit and then went to close Windows Media Player in the Task Manager.. It wouldn't stop so I decided to switch the phone off..

Upon switching the phone back on, the home screen doesn't really show (just part of the Messages card wheel skewed out of proportion) and hitting Start just brings up a white screen - i.e. no icons.. I still seem to be able to access Contacts and make calls but that's about it - the home screen and menu system seem to be gone..

I would try a hard reset but I can't access the menu item.. Do I have any options apart from trying to flash it (would rather not at this stage) or returning it under warranty? (I really, really don't want to go back to my Tytn - even for a few days!)

Many thanks.

Edited by whatever92

Guest chucky.egg

There are several Hard Reset methods on the Wiki, which might still be viewable as they dont load the OS

It sounds like a sensible step to take

There are several ways to do a hard reset. To enter either of the hard reset modes, you must turn the device off first.

First method:

Press "0 + 4-way navigation key UP + Power" simultaneously. After the phone prompts for reset, press 1 and then Y.

Second method:

Press "6 + # + Power" simultaneously.

Format Mode method:

Press "OK + Power" simultaneously.

I can only vouch for the first method

Guest whatever92
There are several Hard Reset methods on the Wiki, which might still be viewable as they dont load the OS

It sounds like a sensible step to take

I can only vouch for the first method

Thanks, I managed to hard reset it by just using the Up key + Power (i.e. no 0). That actually did the trick! I now have a proper Today screen and menus (minus all my settings, etc of course).

Thanks for your help.

Guest gavinfabl

did you try removing the battery which performs a soft reset.

Thanks, I managed to hard reset it by just using the Up key + Power (i.e. no 0). That actually did the trick! I now have a proper Today screen and menus (minus all my settings, etc of course).

Thanks for your help.

Guest whatever92
did you try removing the battery which performs a soft reset.

Yes, I tried that but it didn't do any good.. I also tried all the hard/soft reset key combinations on the wiki but the only thing that worked for me was a hard reset with Up key and Power.

I just wish I knew what actually made this happen to the phone in the first place..

Thanks