Windows Mobile 6 upgrade released for UBiQUiO 501

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
l139977.jpg
Hot on the heels of their 503G Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC, and following on from the upgrade to Windows Mobile 5 AKU3, UBiQUiO have released a Windows Mobile 6 upgrade for their '501' handset.

The upgrade, which can be downloaded in the 501 support forum at Expansys, is something i've known was coming for a while, and i've even had the pleasure of helping UBiQUiO shake down some bugs. That said, i've not installed the final release yet (i'm doing it now), so i'll report back how I get on!

The update means that a Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC, with WiFi, QWERTY keyboard and 2 MP camera can be had SIM FREE for under £200! OK, so the specs aren't going to set the world on fire, but that's an impressive price point! Check out the UBiQUiO 501 product page for more details on the device itself.

Are you a UBiQUiO 501 user? If so, share you experiences below!

P

Okay, I have done the upgrade and I must say that I am impressed. Everything went smoothly apart from a slight glitch when the phone refused to reboot after completing the flash, but I just repeated the flashing process and it seemed to work second time round.

Windows Mobile 6 is no faster than Windows Mobile 5, but beings with it several benefits which I can see. The calendar for instance has that useful ribbon at the top. HTML email is great too. I am sure there will be other things which I will discover as I play with it! :)

All the hardware works well: WiFi, keyboard, camera.

The biggest news is that TCPMP now seems to work fine!

Really, really pleased. Thanks eXpansys! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter  Teiman

Hi there everyone,

This is Peter Teiman from Holland. Could you please tell me whether Mobile 6 will enable easier downloading of attachments.

Many thanks,

Peter Teiman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alejandro_romano
l139977.jpg
Hot on the heels of their 503G Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC, and following on from the upgrade to Windows Mobile 5 AKU3, UBiQUiO have released a Windows Mobile 6 upgrade for their '501' handset.

The upgrade, which can be downloaded in the 501 support forum at Expansys, is something i've known was coming for a while, and i've even had the pleasure of helping UBiQUiO shake down some bugs. That said, i've not installed the final release yet (i'm doing it now), so i'll report back how I get on!

The update means that a Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC, with WiFi, QWERTY keyboard and 2 MP camera can be had SIM FREE for under £200! OK, so the specs aren't going to set the world on fire, but that's an impressive price point! Check out the UBiQUiO 501 product page for more details on the device itself.

P

Can this Work on JAQ3 ?

Do You Know Anything About the official wm6 update for imate jaq3?

• 3 weeks later...
l139977.jpg

P

Is there anyone else that is happy with the phone after the WM6 upgrade? ;)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.