Kasier on o2 UK!

Guest lozzd

Guest lozzd

Hooray!

Ok it isn't that exciting yet, but I phoned up the O2 business sales number today and explained I knew the devices come from HTC, and that I was very interested in the HTC Kaiser as are a lot of people, so do they have any news? She said I have no idea, but I'll speak to my supervisor.

She came back and said, there is no official date for it, but he is pretty certain that it will be released on o2 as it is such a significant device, and he is pretty sure it will be out before the end of the year.

Of course this isn't certain but at least it's something! Gives me a little bit of hope anyway..

Laurie

Guest shaun1208

I also contacted o2 (2days ago) and the reply i got from them was the following

Good afternoon Shaun,

Thank you for your email.

At the moment we have no plans to release the HTC Kaiser on the O2 portfolio. These plans could change in the future but we are unable to confirm anything as yet. The nearest handset we have to this is the XDA Trion which is now shipping with Windows Mobile 6.

If you have any further queries please contact us.

Regards,

Adam

1st Line Technical Support

Customer & Service Management

Suite QR, Arlington Business Centre

O2 UK Limited

Least you talked to a supervisor about it, but its still not really that clear.

Edited by shaun1208

Guest lozzd

Well both are true. There are no plans but the supervisor (quite rightly) said that this was an important device. They'd be pretty stupid to not release it anyway, they could get a lot of customers. I'm tempted to move to T-mobile if they're gonna get it straight away, since they have unlimited data transfer for £7 a month as well.

Guest Mr.Clark
Well both are true. There are no plans but the supervisor (quite rightly) said that this was an important device. They'd be pretty stupid to not release it anyway, they could get a lot of customers. I'm tempted to move to T-mobile if they're gonna get it straight away, since they have unlimited data transfer for £7 a month as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if there's someone who'd confirm it was coming out by December or not, if we threatened to leave...

That said, the T-Mobile data package seems the best of them by far at the moment, and their call/text packages are fairly reasonable too.

Guest lozzd

Meh I *really* don't want to switch to T-mobile though, o2 have been brilliant with me and I've never had any problems. I was thinking about threatening to leave to see if I can get some data for free. If they don't get the kaiser I really will think about moving.

Guest shaun1208

LOL, i was just thinking exactly the same thing. I have already convinced myself to buy the kaiser, but i was also thinking of trying to get free data or at least a really low reduced price of them.

What size of data tariff do you reckon would be sufficient?

Edited by shaun1208

Guest lozzd

Well considering I survive on the 512k included in my contract at the moment probably the 20mb a month would do! Although I'd love to not have to worry about it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Webreaper

O2 are out of the question for me, at least until they come out with a sensible data plan (i.e., 'unlimited' for sub £10/month). And last time I asked CS about this, they said "no we'll never do a data plan like that".

I'm going to soon ;) Although to be fair to them the T-Mobile web looks shite. My friend has it and its completely locked down unless you pay more and more and more (look at their price plans on their site) and actually it works out to be very expensive.

Edited by lozzd

Guest squiggs1982
I'm going to soon ;) Although to be fair to them the T-Mobile web looks shite. My friend has it and its completely locked down unless you pay more and more and more (look at their price plans on their site) and actually it works out to be very expensive.

Eh? W'n'W locked down? Theoretically the Ts&Cs limit your usage on the standard package to avoid VoIP, streaming etc, but in reality, you can do all of these things. I do ocassionally, but day to day, the £7.50 plan covers all my needs and is fantastic value. IMHO, anyway! :wub:

A friend of mine can't use IRC, Messenger clients, despite having paid for web and walk plus. Oh well, probably just an issue his end.. I will nag o2 soon ;)

Guest Everton1878

I've just had this response to an email from o2

Thanks for emailing us to find out if we're offering the HTC TyTn II to our customers.

Please contact our sales team on 08702 257 879 to discuss about the HTC TyTn II offer. They're available between Monday to Friday 08:30 am and 09:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am and 06:00 pm

I'm going to be on the phone tomorrow then :wub:

Me first! ;)

Guest Everton1878
I've just had this response to an email from o2

I'm going to be on the phone tomorrow then :D

Me first! :wub:

Well that was short lived excitement ;)

After wading through all the press 1 etc I finally got through to a human and according to their system they're not going to be doing the TyTn II but he suggesting going into one of their stores to ask if they'll be doing them

Aren't they all the same company?!!!

juxt@pose, no, it hasn't even got a name yet because it's not been announced on o2 yet, and when I call they deny it exists.

Who knows if it is actually coming to o2?

Well I'm completely fed up of them now. I just phoned up regarding the data issue and they wouldn't play ball at all.

I spoke to a woman first about their data tarrifs and told their bolt ons go to a maximum of 20mb additional data per month, for TEN POUNDS.

Here's a roundup of the other providers data tarrifs for you:

T-Mobile: £7.50 unlimited

Vodafone: £7.50 120mb

Orange: £14.90 160mb

Not only that, but because I'm on the old Online 100 (500 txts, 100 minutes for £25 a month) she can't actually apply those bolt ons to me. I would have to change to the equilvalent £25 a month contract now.. Which is 200 txts and 50 minutes!! Fantastic deal I must say!

So, I phone up the "thinking of leaving o2" thinking they might be able to offer me *something* better. Well I guess not. I explained the situation and he had nothing to add to the conversation, so since i don't want to cancel right now I asked if I could transfer my number to another provider and hung up.

Looks like I'm paying through the ass for data from now on then. I would go to T-mobile but the prices for the phones are horrific compared to o2. The money I'd save having a decent contract/phone upgrade prices can make up for the amount of data I use I guess.

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Where do i find this Orange £14.90 - 160mb package?!

Im logged into my online account and cant find it?!

These are the only two packages i can see...

30mb - £8.00

80mb - £41.13

Currently i have this....

Orange World Access 10 - £6.81

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Guest Neil5459

According to Clove there is an O2 Stellar somewhere in the fermament!

Quote:

Overview

Keep your HTC TyTN II (P4550/Kaiser) or variant close at hand on your desk at home or in the office with this cradle. Synchronise and charge your HTC TyTNII (P4550/KAISER) using this specially designed cradle. Simply connect it to a standard USB port and let your pocket pc sync and charge.

The design of this cradle keeps the Kaiser or variant upright (keyboard closed), at an ideal viewing angle, allowing. A perfect accessory for you device, enabling you to keep your desk tidy with only one cable, connecting to the computer/laptop.

Supplied with mini-USB cable and AC Adapter for UK.

Compatibility

HTC TyTN II (P4550/Kaiser), O2 Stellar, MDA Vario III, Vodafone v1615

Ohh that's very interesting Neil! Is that a UK site? I hope to god it is. Because this has happened before.. I think it's a UK phone on o2, but infact, it's a german o2 or something. I don't mind waiting a bit now because I've been waiting for so long.

YAY! THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!! The iPhone is on o2!

Nope, I don't want an iPhone. What I *DO* want is the fantastic news (just phoned the sales team) that the unlimited data bolt on WILL be available for existing contracts!!

Not only that, but the guy said it would be "under double figures, or at least the very low end of the double figures" and it will be coming "very soon". He kept laughing and telling me he couldn't tell me much more, bearing in mind I called at about 10:20 after I read the statement on the engadget.com live update thread! He couldn't believe I knew about it already! I had to inform the department about how I knew what was going on ;)

HURRAH!! Just waiting for more info now!

Guest Stuart_f
YAY! THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!! The iPhone is on o2!

Nope, I don't want an iPhone. What I *DO* want is the fantastic news (just phoned the sales team) that the unlimited data bolt on WILL be available for existing contracts!!

Not only that, but the guy said it would be "under double figures, or at least the very low end of the double figures" and it will be coming "very soon". He kept laughing and telling me he couldn't tell me much more, bearing in mind I called at about 10:20 after I read the statement on the engadget.com live update thread! He couldn't believe I knew about it already! I had to inform the department about how I knew what was going on ;)

HURRAH!! Just waiting for more info now!

Some more info from that Engadget thread:

10:42 - Q: Unlimited data packages: will those go to other contracts as well?

Matthew: "On 1st October we'll be rolling those out for all out customers."

Steve: "It's the future."

So on 1 Oct you will be able to get an unlimited data plan with a FUP restricted to 1,400 web pages a day (source from the Engadget page). By my calculations a web page should be around 20Kb per page (20Kb * 1400 = 28Mb per day = 840Mb per month). Does that sound like 1Gb to anyone else?

Questions I still have:

1. Does the unlimited bolt on cover 3G or just EDGE?

2. Does it include the cloud WIFI access?

3. Can it be added to any existing tariff or just the expensive ones?

Firstly, definitely sounds like 1gb to me. You know they like nice round numbers ;)

1) I would've thought it would be hard to differentiate on their end what service you were using to connect to mobile.o2.co.uk. I could well be wrong here though. I hope its 3G.

2) I hope so, unknown. Not a huge issue if you have 3g as where thecloud is there will likely be 3g anyway, but who knows.

3) He told me it can be added to any tarrif. I REALLY HOPE this means the older style tarrifs. At the moment, data can only be bolted on to the newer tarrifs, which are pretty crap in terms of value for money (see my post above). I will tell them I'm leaving if I don't get my own way. I would be surprised if they didn't want to keep my custom after 3 years of extracting money from me.

Whilst I was on the phone I asked if the (very helpful) guy if he had heard of the "o2 stellar" and he said no, but that isn't his department really anyway. He gave me the customer support number which is free from the o2 mobile.