Kasier on o2 UK!

Guest lozzd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stuart_f
Some more info from that Engadget thread:

So on 1 Oct you will be able to get an unlimited data plan with a FUP restricted to 1,400 web pages a day (source from the Engadget page). By my calculations a web page should be around 20Kb per page (20Kb * 1400 = 28Mb per day = 840Mb per month). Does that sound like 1Gb to anyone else?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my maths are right but according to mobiletoday the O2 £7.50 plan is capped at 200MB. How many web pages do you know that are only 4K? If you want the equivalent of T-Mobile's w'n'w plus it's going to cost you £30 a month from O2.

Sucks, I wish Ofcom would do something about these sort of advertising technique.

Yeah well, screw o2. I'm getting my PAC first thing tomorrow morning and ordering a Vario III. Such a shame their stupid reluctance to move forward cost them a high paying customer of 4 years.

Dunno. The guy was hilarious when I was leaving, bless him, tried his best to keep me there but they just don't have enough control over the prices etc. Any other network would be bending their contracts but no..

"I've been waiting for this phone for 9 months, T-Mobile are sending it to me on Monday, you have no sign of it"

"okay what features were you looking for"

"well i have the Mini S now and its basically an upgrade, 3g, better camera, processor, memory, gps"

"ah yes the XDA trion, well I can do you that for.. "

"no. it's not out yet, but I've heard it can be called the o2 stellar"

"hmm nope can't see that one, well is there anything else? data plan you say?"

"yeah, 1gb with t-mobile for £7.50 a month, I was so happy when you guys released data plans only to find its the same price as T-mobile for only 200mb"

"yeah but are you going to use all 1gb?"

"yes."

"okay."

"also, i'm a bit fed up about the fact that you're cutting off the 08* numbers, and also the fact no one told me about it, it was one of the only reasons i was staying with o2"

"well sir, i'm sorry you didnt get told, we told all the people that use those numbers alot, er, let me just look to see if that affecte... oh dear yes you certainly did use a lot of 0845 numbers, okay sir well I'm sorry I don't know why you didn't recieve any notification"

etc etc.

Guys....I boshed an email off to o2 customer services last week and got this back. Not looking good...

Hello Adie,

Thanks for emailing us to find out the date when the HTC phone will be launched on our network.

I'm unable to tell you when the HTC phone will be launched on our website, as this information isn't available to us. You can sign up for free email alerts that will tell you when the HTC phone will be launched on our network. Please note that it has nothing to do with the O2 Stellar.

If you want to register your email address to receive an automated email whenever a new phone is launched on our website, please visit the link below:

http://www.o2update.com/

You can also call our sales team on 08702 257 879 to discuss about the availability of HTC phone on our network. They're available Monday to Friday between 08:30am and 09:00pm and on Saturday and Sunday between 10:00am and 06:00pm. Calls are charged at 20p per minute from O2 Pay Monthly phones.

I hope you'll find this information useful. If there's anything else we can do for you, please reply to this email.

You can also visit our online help centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards,

Rashid Ahmed

o2 Customer Service.

Getting your query right the first time you email us is very important to us. If your query has not been resolved this time, please reply to this email with the words 'Need More Help' in the subject field.

O2 (UK) Limited, Registered Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX. Registered in England No 1743099.

Guest Mr.Clark
Guys....I boshed an email off to o2 customer services last week and got this back. Not looking good...

Cross-posting from XDA-Developers...

Right, good news and not so good.

[The Stellar] is the TyTN II, with GPS, 3G, all that shizzle. It's the replacement for the Trion. She said it was a very nice device and anyone that liked the Trion would approve of it.

However, for the release date, I was told it was "confidential information" and would be out "by December", and it would be up on the O2 website when that information was available.

No hold music, it got picked up straight away, which was nice.

Meh. I don't know whether to wait or not now.

I'll start getting quotes from Orange, Voda and T-Mobile and see what they're like, compared to staying on O2 out of contract with my Exec.

Maybe I'll wait until the 20th October and if there's no sign of the Stellar, go for another network...

Oh man am I happy my Vario III turned up this morning... Can't wait to get home and play with it, get my number transferred and give it a go! ;)

How much and what contract level is that?

Edited by Mr.Clark

Eh? So the XDA Stellar Will be an o2 version of the Artemis? Cheers.

My contracts not due for renewal until the middle of Jan so I'm ok to wait at the moment, thanks though.

after the whole 0845 bollocks as well as the crappy data plans, I was fed up of o2 not giving me what I wanted.

I paid £109, on Flext 30 (£90 allowance, which is a bit much for me really) with web + walk plus. (£37.50 a month)