WM6 now showing on an O2 Graphite near you!

Guest mrkipling

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emeowww

Progress report: WM6 appears very stable, the phone has not crashed at all, however it did require a reset when the phone reception seemed to be permanently 'not available' at one stage. Battery life has neither worsened nor improved - I'm squeezing approximately 48-72 hours on average on the stock 1100mah battery.

I'm having trouble configuring the phone to receive mms on Telstra (australia) network. If anyone has a working AutoConfig program from the WM5 version it would be appreciated!

Guest emeowww
Check out this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/Asus-Jupiter...raphite-to-WM6/

M11 has posted the whole asia extended rom.

Were you able to install AND run Autoconfig sucessfully on your phone? If so, I'd really like to know how! Also found SMS Backup

and the O2 Menu do not work on the phone - same message as Autoconfig, saying 'one or more components are missing'. Cheers

Were you able to install AND run Autoconfig sucessfully on your phone? If so, I'd really like to know how! Also found SMS Backup

and the O2 Menu do not work on the phone - same message as Autoconfig, saying 'one or more components are missing'. Cheers

Sorry, just tried it. I'm unable to get it to work either. Back to manual input <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Guest emeowww

To everyone having problems with AutoConfig and GPRS/MMS/WAP etc. settings - I've found a way of uploading those XML files found in the Network folder from the extended ROM without needing AutoConfig at all! Here are the instructions:

1. Download RapiConfig.exe - it's one of the WM2003SE SDK tools from Microsoft. You can get it from its official site via the SDK package, or here at http://www.airfagev.com/utilities%5Crapiconfig.zip.

2. Extract rapiconfig.exe to a convenient folder and open a command prompt in that folder.

3. Copy your operator XML file from the 'Network' folder to that location.

4. Connect your phone, and then type in the command prompt:

rapiconfig /P

5. If successful, the program should let you know that.

With that, I've finally got my MMS working perfectly for Telstra. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CMR_55
To everyone having problems with AutoConfig and GPRS/MMS/WAP etc. settings - I've found a way of uploading those XML files found in the Network folder from the extended ROM without needing AutoConfig at all! Here are the instructions:

1. Download RapiConfig.exe - it's one of the WM2003SE SDK tools from Microsoft. You can get it from its official site via the SDK package, or here at http://www.airfagev.com/utilities%5Crapiconfig.zip.

2. Extract rapiconfig.exe to a convenient folder and open a command prompt in that folder.

3. Copy your operator XML file from the 'Network' folder to that location.

4. Connect your phone, and then type in the command prompt:

rapiconfig /P

5. If successful, the program should let you know that.

With that, I've finally got my MMS working perfectly for Telstra. :D

can u help me on this?

installed autoconfig cab.

theres a folder there named "network"

i used o2-smart.xml and put it where rapiconfig.exe.

ran the commands and it said successful.

try to run auto config from the fone but it still didnt work

and my mms is still not working

plss help

Guest haolengz

help, i using wm6 o2graphite

i finding how to setting SMSC (sms center) and preffered GSM, but not found.

anyone know where to setting sms message centre?

Guest CMR_55
can u help me on this?

installed autoconfig cab.

theres a folder there named "network"

i used o2-smart.xml and put it where rapiconfig.exe.

ran the commands and it said successful.

try to run auto config from the fone but it still didnt work

and my mms is still not working

plss help

i got this working.

i was wondering is there a "self Diagnostics Sowtware" for graphite wm6?

its no longer available when i updated it to wm6.

Guest O2graphite

I try whatever method but still unable to upgrade my O2 graphite to WM6. When I do the bootloader, it show

--------------------------------------

LCD type:J220QD_02.

EBOOT ver:v3.2.0.200660722

FAT Type : FAT16

USB download........!!

FaultLog = 12C_POWER OFF

start downloading image.....

Please plug -in USB cable

AC Adapter/USB Cable Plugin

-------------------------------------------------

I already have the jupiter.abi and all other file require and instructed put inside storage card. I even try the change xda graphite name to O2 graphite but it stll won't work. It just won't load the WM6 into my graphite! What's happen?

• 1 year later...
Guest pratik
Hi everyone. I think many asian graphite owners are waiting for this. Here's one successful upgrade of asian graphite with UK ROM. Mine! B) The only setback is that I had to manually enter my mms and gprs settings after the upgrade as you will not have the asian 'O2 AutoConfig', 'O2 Connect', 'O2 Menu' (anyone converted these to cab files before so that it can be installed easily?).

But before I continue, I would like to state a disclaimer on the following procedures. I will not be held responsible for any bricking of your smartphones. And before you begin, please make sure that your battery is full.

1. Dump your present ROM and keep it as a backup (I forgot this step and I don't know where to get the software for dumping my ROM, so no turning back for me :) ).
  2. Get your hands on the UK ROM file by searching at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=335151
  3. Download Resource Hacker from http://delphi.icm.edu.pl/ftp/tools/ResHack.zip
  4. Extract these files and run Resource Hacker.
  5. Using Resource Hacker, open the 'Graphite_Upgrade_Utility_V3.4.0.exe' file.
  6. In Resource Hacker, select the following resource. Look at the areas circled in redpost-241364-1201887868_thumb.jpg.
  7. Click on 'Action', 'Save Resource as a binary file'. post-241364-1201887895_thumb.jpg
  8. Save as 'Jupiter_SPBL.abi'. post-241364-1201887904_thumb.jpg
  9. Copy 'Jupiter_SPBL.abi' into the root directory of your microSD card (I used a memorycard reader to copy the file.).
  10. Make sure your battery is full (my graphite didn't go into bootloader mode when connected to the charger) and turn off your graphite.
  11. Load your microSD card into your graphite.
  12. Down the Joystick and the Power button simultaneously.
  13. The upgrade should start and the progress shown on-screen. The progress bar starts in red and switches to a green progress bar. This happens a few times (sorry, can't remember how many times...about 5 times).
  14. When this is done, your graphite should restart by its own and it will boot with WM6 but its not done yet! The previous steps were just to "convert" your asian graphite to a uk graphite so that the 'Graphite_Upgrade_Utility_V3.4.0.exe' can recognize your phone.
  15. Connect your graphite via usb cable to your pc with ActiveSync running, and run the 'Graphite_Upgrade_Utility_V3.4.0.exe'. Follow the instructions shown. If there is no progress within 10mins indicated by the progress bar on your phone (similar to step 13), disconnect the usb cable and restart your computer and your phone (I was almost pissing in my pants when i had to do this coz there was no progress the 1st time and I thought I had bricked my phone <_< ). Reconnect the usb cable and run the upgrade file again.
Hope this procedure will be successful for all you asian graphite owners wanting WM6 on your device. All those successful please share if there are any changes to the above steps.

Dear jtaysw, i have tried to upgrade my graphite, as per ur instructions, but it remains at bootloader mode and dnt get upgrade, it just keep showing the downloading screen.

Please suggest something, so that i can upgrade it.

• 3 months later...
Guest Darlene

With many trials, I explore more details about my GPS. It provides the easiest way for you to input the address. Take Babmaes Street No. 7 in London for example. You just need to input B and then A, ZorroGPS will show you 100 street names near London contains the two letters. You can easily find Babmaes Street among them. Selecting the city is the same. If I want to find Manchester. After I input the first three words, I see it in the list. It saves me much time to input the address.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.