AT&T 89xx 'Tilt' screenshot-fest!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gbothepro

on ebay i have seen the 8525 with wm 6 .and the homescreen with the big clock is shown as one of the screen shots.is it because they have the htc rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NuShrike

Thanks Paul! The screenshots helped to convince the pdadb.net guy that the CPU is 400MHz. Where did the 384MHz number come from anyways? There's so many recursive references on the web to untangle.

Guest JDowney1

I have been tracking the progress of this device for sometime and as a result have wound up here. Sorry to say that my first post will be in sadness. ;)

Went to the AT&T wireless store here in Chicago yesterday and was told that the "Tilt" will be released at the very earliest late October/early November in time for the holidays. The manager also mentioned that it may be even later. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about the device, and when I mentioned the September 3rd release date that I have seen mentioned all over the web he said, "No clue where they got that. If that were true we would already have them in due to the holiday weekend." Who knows though, store employees aren't always on the up and up.

On another note I have been a cingular customer for about 8 years now without a single complaint, and I can tell you this, since the merger with AT&T the service has gotten terrible here in Chicago both customer service and signal strength, the phones/plans have gotten more expensive, and they are continually postponing or hindering product releases do to the IPhone(which in my humble opinion is less than impressive). My service agreement is up, and I'm about ready to go somewhere else only problem is AT&T seems to be getting all the high-end phones. It's a real pickle I tell ya.

I'll be checking another store on the 3rd just in case and will report back.

Guest mikeeey
I have been tracking the progress of this device for sometime and as a result have wound up here. Sorry to say that my first post will be in sadness. ;)

Went to the AT&T wireless store here in Chicago yesterday and was told that the "Tilt" will be released at the very earliest late October/early November in time for the holidays. The manager also mentioned that it may be even later. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about the device, and when I mentioned the September 3rd release date that I have seen mentioned all over the web he said, "No clue where they got that. If that were true we would already have them in due to the holiday weekend." Who knows though, store employees aren't always on the up and up.

On another note I have been a cingular customer for about 8 years now without a single complaint, and I can tell you this, since the merger with AT&T the service has gotten terrible here in Chicago both customer service and signal strength, the phones/plans have gotten more expensive, and they are continually postponing or hindering product releases do to the IPhone(which in my humble opinion is less than impressive). My service agreement is up, and I'm about ready to go somewhere else only problem is AT&T seems to be getting all the high-end phones. It's a real pickle I tell ya.

I'll be checking another store on the 3rd just in case and will report back.

im sure a good majority of us will be checking the store on the 3rd lol.

well ive seen about 3 or 4 posts from modaco and xda-developers where someone has talked to a manager or the main AT&T guy and they give dates from the begining to the end of september, or possibly begining of october. so now when we're hearing from so many managers it's kinda hard to actually know when it will be out.

Phew, that's a lotta pics ;)

P

Hey Paul, Great pictures.

However, in the second screen, right next to the AT&T logo, at the bottom, there is an unlocked icon

with the words "device unlocked." I don't suppose this refers to an unlocked AT&T Tile/8925/Kaiser does it? If so, is there any possibility, we-all can get that too?

Thanks, Dickr

Guest GordonTGopher
Hey Paul, Great pictures.

However, in the second screen, right next to the AT&T logo, at the bottom, there is an unlocked icon

with the words "device unlocked." I don't suppose this refers to an unlocked AT&T Tile/8925/Kaiser does it? If so, is there any possibility, we-all can get that too?

Thanks, Dickr

Good news you can get it, bad news it refers to the keyboard lock which stops accidental calls etc, not unlocking in terms of network etc.

Gordon

Guest joeonsunset

That's odd. Are you talking about the actual merger with AT&T Wireless that happened years ago? Or the recent name change to AT&T Mobility? ('Cause that wasn't really a merger with Cingular, since AT&T already owned most of it...) If you mean the former, I can sympathize but from the other end. AT&T Wireless was a much more consumer friendly outfit, it seemed to me, and I miss it!

Guest JDowney1
"That's odd. Are you talking about the actual merger with AT&T Wireless that happened years ago? Or the recent name change to AT&T Mobility? ('Cause that wasn't really a merger with Cingular, since AT&T already owned most of it...) If you mean the former, I can sympathize but from the other end. AT&T Wireless was a much more consumer friendly outfit, it seemed to me, and I miss it!"

I noticed the changed really about a year and a half ago when I renewed my plan last. The experience of picking out a phone went from a fun experience to rather depressing 1.) because the store staff was less than friendly when I was asking questions about different phones, so much so that the first two stores I went to I wound up leaving without a phone and 2.) seemed like any phone was an insane price compared to just a few years prior including literally the same phone I had which made absolutely no sense.

After I resigned my contract it only got worse. I received multiple billing statements that weren't even close to right and on top of that all of a sudden places I used to get service went dead...no fancy acsending bars. Both with the billing statements and the service difference I noticed one thing that blatantly came along with the screw-ups.....the AT&T logo both on my bill and on my phone homescreen instead of the cingular icon. Regardless of whether or not AT&T owned most of cingular before when things got rebranded the whole thing went splat. The worst experience thus far though was a call to customer service for AT&T where after an hour on hold the representative on the other end "accidently" hung up on me when she was switching lines...I was livid and called back to speak to a manager who got an ear full after I was on hold for another 30 minutes. The whole thing seems sorta disorganized.

Sadly I will probably be getting another plan from them simply because I want the Kaiser that badly and AT&T is the only GSM game in town when is comes to 3G.

Sorry to hear its as bad on the other end as well.

Guest NuShrike
I just realized in a few of those pictures theres an icon in the start menu that says "beam." well the Kaiser doesnt have IR, so what is it? bluetooth?
Yes, left over cruft as the hardware changes. Silly MS to not update it so it's more integrated like Apple's mobile OS.

Yes, left over cruft as the hardware changes. Silly MS to not update it so it's more integrated like Apple's mobile OS.

so could this not be the "final" release for the Tilt Rom then?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.