Interested in a Kaiser "group buy" or a MoDaCo branded group buy?

Guest FlangeArtist

Guest FlangeArtist

A question poped up about getting together and getting a "Group Buy" of the Kaiser, and hopefully getting a good discount. Then someone suggested getting a MoDaCo branded version. You interested?

Edited by FlangeArtist

Guest kathryncheng
A question poped up about getting together and getting a "Group Buy" of the Kaiser, and hopefully getting a good discount. Then someone suggested getting a MoDaCo branded version. You interested?

My choice wasnt in the options... what i would vote as any of the above as long as i would get it cheaper as I will need a couple of this device...:)

Guest Blakey

I voted Modaco branded without contract but would equally be interested in the standard HTC without contract if there is no Modaco option available....

Blakey

Guest Blakey

Incidentally I don't think anyone is going to vote No on this one - seems pointless joining this poll to say you're not interested in the Kaiser at all..... ;-)

Guest FlangeArtist
Incidentally I don't think anyone is going to vote No on this one - seems pointless joining this poll to say you're not interested in the Kaiser at all..... ;-)

:-) Yeah, but you gota give them the option!

Guest FlangeArtist
I voted Modaco branded without contract but would equally be interested in the standard HTC without contract if there is no Modaco option available....

Blakey

I agree, but would have made the poll a bit complicated.

Guest FlangeArtist

So, 34 interested so far. Assuming that the Kaiser was £500 squid (would hope it was much less), that would be a big financial order of about £17,000!

Guest shaun1208

I don't if this could work, but Paul could buy the 'desired' amount of kaisers at trade price (e.g £420) from HTC directly, then sell them on to us at a price of around £450, in order for him to make a small profit for putting 13k of his own money into it. So:

Paul Spends 31x£420 = £13020

Paul Sells 31x£450 = £13950

Paul Makes 31x£30 = £930

Making everyone happy!!

I am happy to part with £500 for the kaiser, so if something like this happened I would be extatic *spelling*

Guest sponge

I'd be interested, but it depends on the difference in price between a contract and not. I'd want the option that offered the best value for money. That might be buying it outright, without a contract. It might be spreading the cost monthly, i.e. a contract, which when taking into account inclusive minutes, offers better value. If you know what I mean?

Edited by sponge

Guest robertlewisca
I am very interested but what about where you live ,how would it work if you live in the usa?

I'm interested too, but I'm also in the US.

I'm interested too, but I'm also in the US.

I'm also in the US, and was planning on Elite Electronix or MobileCityOnline. To be honest, though, I'd rather buy from MoDaCo (..so long as it has both cameras, and, perhaps, Paul's tweaks).

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've been hammering this out today, and hope to have the page up tomorrow.

It will be an Expansys UK item (although they can ship worldwide I believe), and it will be priced exactly the same as the regular TyTN II and offer:

- TyTN II

- MoDaCo Ad Free 1 year subscription (£9.99 value)

- MoDaCo CamerAware lifetime subscription (with special TyTN II skins available!) (£19.99 value)

- £10 off your next purchase of £20 or over at Expansys (£10 value)

- An accessory (perhaps car charger or extUSB adaptor or microSD - to be confirmed) (approx £10 value)

Sound OK?

P

Guest robertlewisca

Sorry for the ignorance, but I don't have any knowledge or experience with 'unlocked' phones. But if I'm understanding correctly, I should be able to buy this phone from the Modaco deal, then just put my AT&T sim card into it and voila, it will work (aside from a few settings on the phone)?

Guest robertlewisca

Hey Paul, another question for you. Do you have any idea why the Expansys price for the Kaiser is so much less than the Mobile Planet price here in the US, even after adjusting for the conversion from Euros? And, will the Modaco deal simply be the Expansys price (412 Euros) adjusted for US dollars (approx. $562) for us here in the US? The Mobile Planet price is $799!

Edited by robertlewisca

Guest chucky.egg
it will be priced exactly the same as the regular TyTN II

Does that mean it will be the regular Expansys price?

Not meaning to sound ungrateful for the effort your putting in, but I was expecting a Group Buy price to be lower. Assuming you have the commitment (read: cash) from the people involved

Guest squiggs1982
Hey Paul, another question for you. Do you have any idea why the Expansys price for the Kaiser is so much less than the Mobile Planet price here in the US, even after adjusting for the conversion from Euros? And, will the Modaco deal simply be the Expansys price (412 Euros) adjusted for US dollars (approx. $562) for us here in the US? The Mobile Planet price is $799!

Assuming there will be a discount as there is one for 5 or more handset purchases, so go on, count me in! ;)

Guest Chrome Blade
I've been hammering this out today, and hope to have the page up tomorrow.

It will be an Expansys UK item (although they can ship worldwide I believe), and it will be priced exactly the same as the regular TyTN II and offer:

- TyTN II

- MoDaCo Ad Free 1 year subscription (£9.99 value)

- MoDaCo CamerAware lifetime subscription (with special TyTN II skins available!) (£19.99 value)

- £10 off your next purchase of £20 or over at Expansys (£10 value)

- An accessory (perhaps car charger or extUSB adaptor or microSD - to be confirmed) (approx £10 value)

Sound OK?

P

Where do I pay?

I am kinda disappointed that we couldn't get the phone it self at a discounted price...o well.

Guest robertlewisca

Whoops! I think that price on Expansys is in Pounds, not Euros, is that right? In that case, the Mobile Planet price is actually a better deal at $799.

Whoops! I think that price on Expansys is in Pounds, not Euros, is that right? In that case, the Mobile Planet price is actually a better deal at $799.

I wonder then.. how much of a discount is it when you order 5+? And maybe, just maybe, AT&T will add this to their lineup without removing any features from the original HTC ROM but just adding some of their own apps. (A guy can dream right?)

According to Google, the £484.95 price on Expansys UK is $973.68. That's a good $174 more than MobilePlanet/MobileCityOnline/EliteElectronix. Is that right?