Cannot connect device to PC (driver failure)

Guest distant_buffalo

Guest distant_buffalo

Hello. Im in the US and cannot get my samsung sgh-i600 device to connect.

after installing active sync, i then connect my device via USB to the computer and windows (Windows XP Pro SP2) recogniczes the device and then installs the drivers and then a message saying an error has occured and the device might not work properly appears. I cannot get the device to sync or be recognized, and when looking at the driver list, i see the yellow exclaimation mark on the driver. Opening the Driver properties shows a CODE 31 Error, which is that the driver is unable to load.

How can i resolve this driver error?

Thank you.

Guest CyberEric
Hello. Im in the US and cannot get my samsung sgh-i600 device to connect.

after installing active sync, i then connect my device via USB to the computer and windows (Windows XP Pro SP2) recogniczes the device and then installs the drivers and then a message saying an error has occured and the device might not work properly appears. I cannot get the device to sync or be recognized, and when looking at the driver list, i see the yellow exclaimation mark on the driver. Opening the Driver properties shows a CODE 31 Error, which is that the driver is unable to load.

How can i resolve this driver error?

Thank you.

Hi there,

I got the same issue when I connected my i600 to my laptop. I have ActiveSync installed before I plugged in the device. I got the similar error message. It seemed that my laptop can't find the driver for i600 (OS: XP SP2). But when I tried to connect it to another PC, then everything is fine. Could anyone help on this issue?

Thanks!

Guest distant_buffalo

my laptop was suffering from other issues anyhow. so i restored it to its original settings and reinstalled all applications. then installed active sync first, and now it works..

so i dont have a real resolution for the issue. but by reformatting my computer and starting over, it now works.