GPS Issues

Guest BeyT

Hey all I was using google maps (manually on com 4 as well as Auto) and no GPS device was found. I tried TomTom and still no go (Com 4, 4800 Baud). I haven't been able to get the gps orange flashing to go anyhow. Any ideas?

Super Excited (even though T-mobile has 'low' speed networks <_< )

Thanks

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hard reset and make sure you're running a recent ROM for GPS support, the symbol problem means you have a device with a euro keyboard and a non euro ROM, there's a reg tweak for this i'll post.

Well, in fact if you change the registry value HKLM\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd\CWSLayout from 1 to 0, then reboot, your symbol issue will be fixed :)

P

Guest zachto_man
Super Excited (even though T-mobile has 'low' speed networks <_< )

Thanks

Can you tell me what you think of the t-mobile data plan and it's cost/efficiency? I have preordered a Kaiser (unlocked) and would like to use t-mobile for the data plan price and known good call reception just about every where I go.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

zachto

Can you tell me what you think of the t-mobile data plan and it's cost/efficiency? I have preordered a Kaiser (unlocked) and would like to use t-mobile for the data plan price and known good call reception just about every where I go.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

zachto

Thanks Paul, worked like a charm

T-mobile is slow compared to the other networks out there, I've been running on EDGE (eh, not bad) and coverage is very good (So/Nor Cali -> Michigan), especially considering bang for your buck

I'm just hanging on in in case they grandfather my unlimited data plan @ 19.99/mo even when they up the speed to HSDPA? (maybe in 5 years :) )

TB

Edited by BeyT

Guest zachto_man
Thanks Paul, worked like a charm

T-mobile is slow compared to the other networks out there, I've been running on EDGE (eh, not bad) and coverage is very good (So/Nor Cali -> Michigan), especially considering bang for your buck

I'm just hanging on in in case they grandfather my unlimited data plan @ 19.99/mo even when they up the speed to HSDPA? (maybe in 5 years :) )

TB

Well, I don't think I need the fastest but I do care about not paying for every minute I am on the web or checking my e-mail. I don't see the 19.99 unlimited data plan offered on thier web sites. They do offer the 5.99 t-mobile web. Does that restrict access to t-moble only sites? Else I see the 19.99 hotspot plan.

I have t-mobile on my work cell phone and like the reception/quality I get here in the bay area.

Thanks for the info.

zachto