How well does this device work when tethering?

Guest djthomas

Guest djthomas

I currently have a Sammy i730 and use pdanet to tether it to my laptop for wireless use.

Does anyone have any experience tethering this device?

If so, how well does it work?

Guest andybarker
I currently have a Sammy i730 and use pdanet to tether it to my laptop for wireless use.

Does anyone have any experience tethering this device?

If so, how well does it work?

If you mean "can I use a Kaiser to act as a modem for my laptop", I think the answer will have to be YES! I've been using the Wizard / T-Mobile Vario for 18 months, and often used it as a modem for the laptop. Can either be a dial up modem (not often, but can be useful) or use the GPRS plan with your mobile provider. No additional software required, just ActiveSync.

Even used it once on my desktop when the internet connection died for a few hours!

• 2 weeks later...

if it's like my Trinity (and nothing tells me that it's not) you can tether using the celluar data connection via the WM6 Internet Sharing app. i do this multiple times during the week while on business trips. start the app and within 10 seconds (or less) i'm connected via ATT's 3G celluar connection and surfing the web on my laptop. oh yeah, ActiveSync is not required for Internet Connection sharing...

Edited by cortez