Backing up SPV M3100 ROM

Guest Sean Saunders

Guest Sean Saunders

Good Evening,

This is my first post on the board, but i have been looking round for a few hours now in search of an answer to my question.

How do i make a "image" or ROM Backup of the WM5 that is shipped with the Orange SPV M3100. I would like to know how to do this before i consider using the device and tweaking it to suit my own needs.

If anyone knows how to do this i would be eternally greatful. I work in IT Repairs day to day but this thing is out of my league i think haha.

Regards,

Sean Saunders

Guest nuttyphilt
Good Evening,

This is my first post on the board, but i have been looking round for a few hours now in search of an answer to my question.

How do i make a "image" or ROM Backup of the WM5 that is shipped with the Orange SPV M3100. I would like to know how to do this before i consider using the device and tweaking it to suit my own needs.

If anyone knows how to do this i would be eternally greatful. I work in IT Repairs day to day but this thing is out of my league i think haha.

Regards,

Sean Saunders

Why don't you just download it from here?

Guest Sean Saunders

Thanks guys, ill take a look into these.

Is that orange "Upgrade" rom basically a whole new rom that would just install? So for example if i upgrade to WM6 and then have a problem i could just overwrite it with the file on the orange website?

ill have a read of that guide also, thanks for the help so far!

Sean Saunders

You are correct in that the download from Orange is a complete new ROM.

Other people will know more than me, I have never flashed a Hermes but certainly in the case of my device (Wizard) you cannot 'downgrade' the ROM simply by reflashing, although it can be done. Hopefully someone with experience of changing Hermes ROMs will pick this up and advise you properly :)

Guest mitch1974

You could install the HardSPL boot loader, then that would allow you to downgrade the ROM if you feel like it.

Not sure how this effects warranty though.

Edited by mitch1974

Guest chipie
You could install the HardSPL boot loader, then that would allow you to downgrade the ROM if you feel like it.

Not sure how this effects warranty though.

Unfortunately I didn't install the HardSPL boot loader before i upgraded, now there is a problem with teh phone and I need to restore it back to its original Orange state. Does anyone know how to get the M3100 back to its original state or have the original ROM that I can just flash the phone with?