GPS receiver for Cingular 2125

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Guest KevinAlbrecht

I am looking for a inexpensive GPS receiver for my Cingular 2125. I am looking at a 'Pharos REC20 GPS Receiver Only ', which connects via bluetooth. Does anybody have any feedback for this or ANY receiver to use with the Cingular 2125, in the US? Also, I wouldn't know which software to use. I have heard some of you mentioning that windows Live can be integrated to use GPS, but I use that program daily & nowhere do i see how one could incorporate a an receiver (on my phone).

Thanks so much, & this is a great site... - Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

You have posted this in the Athena specific section - the Athena is a PPC with built in GPS the Cingular 2125 is, I believe a Smartphone (A Tornado?)

Your question isn't specific to your model so I sugest you ask it in the SmartPhone General section where you should get more replies but Windows Live Maps or google Maps will both use a GPS receiver but dedicated SatNav s/ware such as CoPilot are better if you want to use it for routing. Why do you want a receiver?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KevinAlbrecht
Why do you want a receiver?

Hey thanks for the reply & sorry to such a long time for the respose. I wanted a receiverfor a raod trip I was taking with my wife. I opted for the Pharos bluetooth receiver, and using windows live for my routing. - Thanks for the reponse.